My toes hurt.

I’m pretty sure I broke something in my second toe which is really long, it tripped me when I was running up the stairs and I face planted, one of those long, dramatic, very sad falls haha. The joint is still a little bit swollen and discolored a month later but the pain seems to be finally resolving on its own.

Propping them up is always good. When something is swollen, propping is always a good idea.

I had a broken toe 20 some years ago. It was taped in place and eventually healed. After my foot was fine, my son climbed up on the back of the couch and did a flying leap, landing on my previously damaged foot and possibly re-breaking the toe, an adjacent toe, and a metatarsal.

Turns out he had heard somewhere that bones were stronger after they’d healed from a fracture and could not break again. He was testing this. It was so freaking funny that I didn’t mind the pain.

I hope you get this straightened out Beck. I too have the longer second toe. I am convinced this is the correct way to have toes. :wink:

I got a contusion on my big toe and they did not tell me any of this. No wonder it still hurts occasionally. Thank you.

We might be related Sunny, my whole family has a longer 2nd toe. I am convinced they are supposed to be like that, also. That SOB has caught some crap over the years. It’s always the one I hit getting up at night or making a turn in the house.

I am up and about, walking around, I put flip flops on and I can walk better. It’s weird wearing them in the house, though.

In my family most of us have the middle toes slightly the longest or equal to our second toes and our second toes longer than our big toes. Not as pronounced as our middle fingers but still a little odd. It makes buying shoes a real bitch getting something that fits and feels good.

also wanted to add, I do wear compression socks too and not sure if it is placebo effect or not (cuz it’s the toe not the foot) it reduced the swelling. I wear the toeless anklet ones. Also a buddy suggested I get Vionic footwear with the higher arches to remove pressure off my toe. I had never bought costly shoes before, but they are worth it, otherwise I’d be limping even more.

These socks I have are full foot anklets. Damn they are tight.

My doc gave me really tight ones for size S/M and I have wide feet it hurt the top of my foot bone when I stood up. I went to a medical supply store and they told me I should have been measured to really determine my size. There’s size charts available from Amazon sellers and went with M/L which felt so much better.