My Town is in the Top 10 Places to Live in the US

Nuh-uh, folks. You may all have your little “_____ was a contender” beefs. :wink:

But Mill Valley made the goddamn list! As I said elsewhere, I’d rather fry my genitals in pickle brine than live in Mill Valley.

There’s something to be said for my place of residence

54% more restaurants and 39% more bars! I guess we’re a bunch of overfed drunks

Moorestown is #1? I live like 3 miles from Moorestown. Its’ a nice town, but there’s better in the area.

Restaurants: 8,329, Bars: 773

:cool: <-still red-faced and hung over.

Apparently I grew up in the 7th most educated city in the US. Which doesn’t surprise me b/c everyone seemed to work at one of the local universities (many).

I’m #7! I’m #7! I’m #7! I even put it in my location waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy up there^

I’m not sure what all went into it, but educational opportunities, public lands, proximity to Madison, and affordability of housing were all mentioned as reasons Middleton made the list. Besides, we are “The Good Neighbor City” and have a “Good Neighbor Festival” and the construction project from Hell is almost done.

Hee, since Detroit shows up on all the “worst” lists, I thought I’d see what they had for us.

Personal crime risk
(100 is national average; lower is better) 432

Property crime risk
(100 is national average; lower is better) 316
I feel tougher just having read that! :wink:

Another clue as to the reliability of the list: Yorba Linda, CA ranked higher than Coronado. I mean, yes, Yorba Linda has the Nixon Library and all, but all Coronado has is the Hotel Del Coronado, and beachfront, and cute shops, and San Diego right there…

Er, I don’t think the test is reliable. But congrats to the top rankers.

If you like shopping malls, diners, and assholes with money, I can’t think of a better place to live than Long Island.

People, not to be a dick, but a town in Jersey is #1. And another is #9. Do we really have to go further?

I’d die of boredom if I lived in Naperville. Think I’ll stay here in the city.

Whu ho! My hometown is Numero 88!

Yes, I think we can safely say that what CNN meant was “Most Boring Places to Live in the US”.

One’s Rochester, MI, the other is Rochester, MN. (If I recall correctly, this is the same list that ranked Rochester, MN as #1 a number of years ago.)

You know one of the towns on the list doesn’t exist?

YAY Detroit! Where the weak are killed and eaten!

One day it will be better, but not in my life time.

Hey, what do these people have against large cities? I like living in the city. I wouldn’t want to live in any of these places.

Anybody else notice that the winner is dry? Puts it out of contention in my book.

Oh yeah?! Well I share a zip code with #5. So there!

Me too. We should all get together for lunch one day.

By the roving packs of dogs.

No city in Oregon made the list.

What are these people smoking???

(But Vancouver WA made the list. Vancouver is solely inhabited by wannabe Oregonians dodging income taxes.)