My Town is in the Top 10 Places to Live in the US

Here’s the list: http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/

My town is #6. My IL’s think Long Island is the best place to live and my MIL can be such a bitch about it. I wish I could say I didn’t e-mail this article to them, but I can’t.

Anyone else make the list?

The fact that Gary, Indiana was even a contender on this list leads me to believe these people have no idea what they’re talking about.

Yeah, but it’s not like it was #6. You know, like my town.
:slight_smile:

I live about 10 miles from #3 … does that count?

Vienna, VA isn’t far from where I live. End of the Orange Line, in fact.

I have to say that if I had to live in any of those places, I’d need to kill myself out of boredom. Give me DC any day of the week.

Funny you should say that - my town (which is #6, did I mention that?) is nicknamed “Boring-ton”. Some guy on the news last night said that’s what his kids call it and that’s what they called it in “Something About Mary”.

I’m too old for excitement anyway. But…good schools, good property value, low crime…YEAH, BABY!

The closest to me is Rochester #39, which is no where near #6 in spectacularity and wonderfulness, I mean, its still in Michigan, fer cryin’ out loud., but it does have an excellent children’s book store - Half Way Down The Stairs that I cannot recommend enough. The rest of the town is Shit Parking and Pretentious bootiques.

This is where I live and if there are three museums around us, I’ll be damned if I’ve ever seen them because DIA is more than 30 miles away and the little Northern Oakland County Museum in Oxford ( open for about a milisecond every alternating Thurdsay after a full moon and Tsunami) is a joke. Cranbrook is awesome in a waspy way.
79 bars within 15 miles and Golf Courses up the Wazoo, but I neither drink or golf, sadly.

But, still. Can’t compare to #6.

What are their qualifications? To me, “child-friendly” and “lots of churches” are marks against a town.

Hello neighbor!

And Jim, I belive the contender list started out by using population, weather, and other factors that had nothing to do with Gary being, well, Gary.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Word for word.

Delmar, NY made top 25??? That’s 10 miles from me!

We say bad things about Delmar. I mean, sheesh, what are the qualifications?

Hopewell Junction at 31 makes a little more sense.

Moorestown is right nearby where I live.

Horrid place. As evidenced by the fact that it’s in that part of South Jersey which exists solely because Philadelphia was getting to big to contain itself in the '60s.

Do note also that Rochester shows up twice on the list…

Cary, NC, is #35.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Daniel

Yeah, no kidding. Crowded, overpriced housing, and really quite dull.

Ok, the fact that Bakersfield was even a contender eliminates all legitimacy of this.

Yeah, I was going to say “Vienna? I’ve been there. I think there’s a Metro stop.”

Much like the Dallas area and Houston, I’m happy to use such a place simply as a transit stop to better places.

Plus, I look at the list for New Mexico and think, “Who the hell would want to live in Rio Rancho?” Finalist my ass. Also, there is no difference between Rio Rancho and Albuquerque, except Rio Rancho is too far away from anything and sprawl-city. Somebody didn’t take the geography into account.

Like monster and interface2x, I’m right next to #3. Ok, a nice downtown area, good schools, pretty riverwalk.

And property taxes that literally reach in and claw money out of your ass.

And traffic that blows on the best of days.

Yeeeeeessshhhhh.