My videogame wish is...

Take Two owns the MLB license and they put out the highly acclaimed Major League Baseball 2K series. It’s never been put on the PC because baseball games sell for shit on the PC.

Lacks some of DK’s aspects, but you’ll probably like Evil Genius. For all intensive porpoises, it’s James Bond Keeper - and it’s very decent at that, although some stuff needs reworking (namely, the cover-up hotels which cost a mint, need tons of logistics and hair-pulling micro management, and don’t cover-up squat :dubious:).

Buy MVP Baseball 2005 (which was made by EA, and was released on the PC), and then there’s a site (I don’t know the name off of my head, but it will be really, really easy to google for you) that is constantly providing downloads that will update the things like rosters, stats, attributes, etc. You can probably find MVP '05 for like 5 bucks at a Gamestop… do it.

Also, you’re sort of lucky that 2K stopped releasing their–shitty–baseball games on the PC. You didn’t get suckered into giving them your hard earned money last year. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip, and it’s kind of cool that a core group of fanatics is keeping the game alive, but a quick Youtube search confirmed that it uses that hoary old 9 swing zone interface (which was designed for a gamepad and not a mouse). Sigh.

I don’t really like computer games.

However, I would pay good money for an entirely digitised, interactive 3D version of a familiar city - down to including my own house - that I could stomp around and fuck with. Or could re-engineer. Or could redecorate. Then I could upload/download what I’ve done.

It could also include a flight simulator, driving simulator, routemapper, maybe hooked up to Google Earth too.

Just something to screw around in rather than fulfil anything.

That said, I’d probably tire of it after 20 minutes, like I do with all other computer games.

That’s been a dream of mine for awhile now-specifically the driving around part. Yes, there have been some driving games/sims which have modeled certain cities (Test Drive Unlimited which lets you wander all over Oahu, Midtown Madness which loosely simmed London, and several others). I’d drool if someone modeled one of the Mille Miglia routes, or some other long-distance enduro/rally route. Eventually the technology will allow someone to install some high-tech cameras in a vehicle, drive along the route and map it in 3D, converting the images into 3D models/textures. They already can laser-scan the road surface itself.

Yeah my dad has always wanted something like that too.

You probably already know, but there’s a flight simulator in Google Earth, it’s pretty fun flying over real terrain.

That’s basically Puzzle Pirates, isn’t it? Admittedly, the PP mini-games aren’t much in the verisimilitude department.

El-Fish. IIRC, this program simply stopped working for me, so I threw out the disc… even though it might’ve worked much better with the two or three PCs I’ve bought since… but of course I haven’t seen El-Fish since.

[sigh] Sometimes you just want to go virtual fishing and mate your fish and see what happens a few generations down the line, you know?

Wish sugar on top! Though I am wary, tbh, since I don’t think anyone could ever equal that performance.
Also, in no particular order:

-Independence War 3
-Freespace 3
-Homeworld 3
-A new elite game
-Redo the original Tie Fighter… Same missions, just add todays graphics and UI improvements. None of this outlandish force power jedi crap.
(yes, I’m a space buff, what of it? :smiley: )
-Infinity(Cite)

-Planetside 2 or equivalent. It must be sci fi! Sci fi gives you all the cool toys like massive suits of armor and such… not like ww2ol.
-Something that is a mix between diablo 2 and crimsonland. Alien Shooter: Vengeance came close, but its far too short of a game, has no MP, and the RPG options not very well thought out or balanced. Blizzard could do it… Starcraft: Dungeons… /droool.

More Wing Commander.

Sigh.

A real Star Control III, like the original Star Control II (Urquan Masters).

Now that I’ve thought about it some more, I could totally go for a reinterpretation of Zaxxon. Because of Zaxxon, I usually have to invert my console controls. I spent hours playing it on my ColecoVision, and it has had many lasting effects and influences in my gaming.

Or to the DS. Back in 2007 there appeared to be a homebrew port starting, but it’s been long dead and now seems like it was just a hoax to begin with. :mad: I’ve been tempted to try it myself but DS homebrew programming is rough especially with the amount of free time I’d have for it.

I really don’t understand why whatever company that owns the rights hasn’t made a new one yet. They could even do WiiWare, but I’d much prefer a portable version. Every time a question like this comes up there’s always people that praise X-Com.

Yeah, it’s basically where I got the idea from. Puzzle pirates was too much ‘puzzle’ though. Although repairing the hull was fun since you had to think & plan.

•SimEarth 2000

•Battlefield: G.I. Joe [Uh…“Battlefield 1985”?]

Mostly from animated continuity (including DiC series, within reason), with appropriate maps, weapons, etc. Game options include all-cartoon style weapons (i.e. lotsa lasers), a mix of cartoonish and realistic (real-world weapons put back in where they were really obviously supposed to be, even in the show), and full-on realism.

No ninjas until the expansion pack.

•Civilization, but with increased WMD options.

I have to admit, I’ve actually killed time by putting some thought into how you could do this in a Civ IV mod, with as much balance as possible, based on what I’ve read on game engine and mod capabilities.

My computer is, in fact, too old to play Civ IV. Not only that, but the last Civ game I’ve owned—or played, not counting the Alpha Centauri demo—was Civ II. Yes, I am that much of a geek.

A Jagged Alliance sequel with modern graphics, switchable third person/first person view, bigger environments, etc.

Add me to that one too! (I’ve still got that game somewhere - I wonder if it’ll play in XP?)

I still want to see someone update Autoduel into a GTA-style game set in the Autoduel gameworld and using the Autoduel Second Edition rules. Including helicopters for those who can afford 'em! Maybe even take it online by licensing EVE’s MMO setup from CCP; Auto Assault was okay but I think it suffered from too small maps, too few vehicles, and no direct link to Autoduel.

I have mine but I don’t know if it still works or not. I think I ended up downloading from somewhere.

I would go a couple steps further. I’d like to see a GTA / Fallout3 style game based in the dystopian future of 80s and 90s action films:
-Akira
-Blade Runner
-Cherry 2000
-Escape From NY/LA
-Freejack
-Ghost in the Shell
-Johnny Mnemonic
-Mad Max films
-No Escape
-Robocop films
-Running Man
-Terminator
-The Warriros

Elements of the game would include:
-overcrowded, gritty cities with towering mile-high skyscrapers
-ecologically devestated wastelands populated by small “Bartertowns”
-gangs of gay bikers
-cyborgs (both human looking and of the half-metal freak variety)
-robots
-Yakuza gangs
-ethnic street gangs
-all sorts of vehicles, aircraft and weapons
-hackers
-evil corporations (and their mercenary goons)
-Over the top media culture
-dilapadated urban “Forbidden Zones”
-nukes

Grand Theft Apocalypse Gta style sand box in a city overrun by zombies. Run around causing mayhem if you wan’t But mainly with a mission based storyline to get through going from Day 1 to your escape from the city. I can see it now securing your first weapon. Interacting with other survivors (with decent AI). Gradually opening up new areas, the hospital for a fellow survivors insulin, raiding the National Guard army, dealing with the mad survivalists and their cult leader, finding the cause of the plague,etc, etc. I just need 20,000,000 for development and it willl be awesome.

A Final Fantasy Tactics type game for superheroes. Turn based, team based.Completely destructable and highly manipulable enviroment Each character lovingly customisable in his/her appearance and a character creation sytem so flexible and complicated as to make a Champions fan raise an eyebrow.