My worst day

If you’ve ever really considered robbing a bank, now would be the perfect time!

The attorney agrees. He said to just sit tight, and contact him only if they contact me.

Probably a good sign about the intentions of the attorney.

Ages ago I was heading from one bus stop to another when I saw a crowd by the one building. Being the curious type, I headed over to see what the buzz was just as a County Police van was pulling up and a guy started leading a dog out of the back. Someone had called in a bomb threat and the dog was there to sniff for explosives.

I shoot flintlocks; always have. And my coat, basically the only one I had back then, must have smelled like Heaven to that dog because he just absolutely fell in love with me right on the spot. I got the cuffs and “time out” and everything else, got released and found an attorney to play it safe, and basically that’s the end.

Back then, it was a good thing I was scared shitless because you couldn’t have gotten a piece of dental floss between my buttcheeks for a week. But there are odd occasions like this when it DOES make a hell of a story.

I heard an interview with comedian Russell Brand who said the way he gets past his stage fright and self-consciousness is to identify what makes him feel uncomfortable, and then to do more of it. He said that when something happens to him which makes him embarrassed or anxious, he first says to himself “ok, never ever tell anyone about that.” and then a minute later he says, “No wait, that means it’s funny, tell everyone.”

Your story sucks to live through right now, but in time it will graduate to awesome.

Enjoy,
Steven

This will probably be a fringe opinion and one not untainted by my significant hatred for law enforcement tactics: they were probably lying about the positive ID. To echo other posters, if they thought there was even the slightest chance that you were guilty of bank robbery, you would have been detained for interrogation (interview is not, and never has been, an appropriate word for the way police question victims and witnesses, let alone suspects). Remember that pigs don’t need the most likely suspicion to obtain a search warrant for your home; just about any suspicion of wrongdoing suffices for a judge’s signature.

Lying about evidence against you is standard police procedure to elicit a confession. Please understand, it only makes their unusually difficult job (:rolleyes:) easier.

Interesting idea. Of course, I have no way of knowing what she said. I would like this to be true, but who really knows?

If you look at my started thread history, you will find my post (to buttonjockey308, as I state in the title) about my experience with the pigs. I am not sure how many examples I included, but I was lied to many times by the police and the ATF; they lied about evidence, the law, and DNA testing - these are just the lies I am sure about.

No charges came of my experience, and my seized (temporarily stolen) property was finally returned late October of this year.

“So, where do you see yourself in five years?”

One other odd thing - at no time did they request my phone number (home or cell). Is that typical? I would figure they would ask for that automatically.

Obviously they can obtain my number with ease, but why wouldn’t they just get it from me?

That is hilarious, tdn. I was even in a bit of in a bad mood before!

Actually, it isn’t “easy” for them to obtain - they have to do some legwork; pigs don’t like legwork. Again referencing my experience, when I called the Spokane detective who left his card on my door, he was very, very curious why I was calling from an out-of-state number (I have a cellphone with an Idaho area code - because I have never bothered to change it - even though I live in Washington).

Well, it’s a joke that practically wrote itself. :wink:

It’s really sounding more and more like they were trying to justify their detention of you, so you wouldn’t throw a Donald Duck style, angry citizen fit after getting manhandled and cuffed. I’m guessing the teller didn’t confirm the ID as strongly as they represented or they would not have been nearly so casual about letting you go.

Well, I haven’t heard anything from them so far. That’s a good thing. Plus, I’m a Federal employee with prints on file, so if they have his prints (which they indicated they did, although who knows if that was true) then they may have already compared them and that’s the end of that.

The lawyer I contacted right after the incident (recommended to me by a friend’s husband who has worked for the county police) might know more - I’ll try reaching him on Monday.