Mysterious disappearance

What happened to the topic “Why is the U.S. such a violent country?”?

When and where was it posted?

MPSIMS has an active topic called Why is the States such a violent country? . Is that what you’re looking for?

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Marbles marbles!!! Where the hell did my marbles go?!

Ahh, but the strawberries that’s… that’s where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with… geometric logic…

Actually, a thread I started (this past Saturday, I think) in MPSIMS, called “The New Microsoft Office 2000” has disappeared. But I didn’t care that much, so I didn’t say anything. It was just a link to a lampoon of MSO 2000. I figured maybe copyright issues or something.

“It is lucky for rulers that men do not think.” — Adolf Hitler

Oh, but wait!

I did leave a question over there as to whether Satan was TOPS. I would like that answered.

I believe that last one was answered to everyone’s satisfaction in the thread on Heather’s bright idea that Byzantine keeps alluding to, and which I will not dignify with a link. (Gotcha covered, Brian!)

Your thread on MS is still there.
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003010.html

It just sank to the bottom from lack of responses and got shoved onto another page. See the little blue 1 2 3 etc. links on top of the lists of threads? Those will take you to earlier threads, if you like to explore. If you have a spare week, you could read the Great God Debate from earlier in GD, and get to know the fundie ARG220. He is notable for managing to piss off just about everyone, theist and atheist alike.

“Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

• Bertrand Russell

Sorry, they’re on the bottom of the list of threads, not the top.

someone killed it

Gaudere:

Thanks. I’ll check out ARG220. Meanwhile, do you know whether Satan is TOPS? I appreciated that he appreciated the genius of the Microsoft lampoon. Very few did.

Gaudere:

I saw this.

I think that pretty much paints the picture. I think I’ll stop there, though. I just ate lunch.

What’s “TOPS”? If you are asking whether Satan is a “top”, though, you can find threads on that too. :wink:

I don’t see any other recent threads by you in MPSIMS; are you sure that’s where you posted the question? What was your title?

In that little drop down menu on the top right hand side of the thread list you can set it to see all posts in the past year, 90 days, whatever. Then you can browse them by using the blue number links on the bottom. You don’t need to look at anything before August, though, since that’s when I joined. Surely no thread is worthwhile to read unless I am a part of it. :wink:

Yep, that’s our ARG all right. God told him to stop posting a while back, so he left.

Gaudere:

TOPS is the Top One Percent Society. Basically, we spend most of our time making fun of Mensa members.

777 bet that! :wink:

Sorry should have read. “beat that!”

Libby, Coldfire started a thread where members listed their IQ, Satan’s is in there I believe.

So’m’I, with a snooty disclaimer about the validity and methods of estimating IQ. Drawback of having a psych teacher mother, you tend to have strong opinions on that sort of thing. I don’t have a problem with Mensa, although I think it is somewhat silly. I don’t know hos Satan feels about it.