Name ANY Movie Set at Christmas!

Please humor me, and name as many movies as you can that take place at Christmas- they do NOT have to be directly Christmas oriented.

Religious Christmas movies are fine.
Cartoon movies are fine.
Frosty/Grinch/Santa Claus movies are fine.

But so are movies like “Die Hard,” which have nothing to do with Christmas per se, but which take place at Christmas.

No right or wrong answers here… I just need a lot of titles.

Home Alone
The Nightmare Before Christmas

A Christmas Story

gremlins.

Miracle on 34th Street
It’s a Wonderful Life
Scrooged
A Christmas Carol
Scrooge
Santa Claus, the Movie …

Oh, heck. If you want a lot of titles, go here: http://us.imdb.com/List?tv=on&&keywords=christmas&&heading=19;christmas

Jingle All the Way
The Santa Clause
How the Animals Discovered Christmas
A Very Brady Christmas
Getting tired of listing these. Check out imdb.com

The first and second Die Hard. (I’m sure about the second, actually, but I’m not sure about the first one.)

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Go to the Internet Movie Database. Go to Power Search. Specify that you want movies whose plot summary contains the word “Christmas”. You might want to limit the search to American movies or English-language movies or to just the highest rated movies.

Don’t forget The Lion In Winter

One of the Home Alones was at xmas

The Ref

The Ice Storm involved a Christmas party.

While you were sleeping
The Santa Clause

The Year Without a Santa Claus
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
A Charlie Brown Christmas

“We’re No Angels.” Not the recent one with De Niro, but one made in 1955. 3 convicts - Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray - escape from Devil’s Island and decide to rob a local merchant (Leo G. Carroll) before making their getaway. Instead, they become involved in the lives of the merchant, his wife and his daughter - and Leo’s despicable cousin Andre (Basil Rathbone). Most of the action takes place on Christmas day.

If you want to count Xmas themed TV shows, one of my other favorites is an Avengers episode, “Two Many Christmas Trees.” I have to admit what I like most are the in-jokes. For example, Steed gets an Xmas card from his former partner, Mrs. Gail. He makes the comment, “What can she be doing at Fort Knox?” The joke is, Mrs. Gail was played by Honore Blackman and Blackman was currently starring as Pussy Galore in “Goldfinger” (which of course involves Ft. Knox).

The plot of the episode involves a Christmas house party at the estate of an eccentric millionaire and expert on Charles Dickens. The expert was played by Mervyn Johns - who was Bob Cratchit in the 1951 version of “A Christmas Carol.”

Oops. You just wanted titles, not all this chitchat. You can add “The Bishop’s Wife” and its remake, “The Preacher’s Wife.”

What do you win? Do we get half?

“Trapped in Paradise”
I think that is what it is called. The one with Nic Cage and John Lovitz and Dana Carvey

Holiday Inn
Betty
Kathy O’

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Lethal Weapon (opens with gunfight at a christmas tree lot)
Silent Partner (creepy film with Elliot Gould and Christpher Plummer)