Name the Countries - web game

1. I used to read the atlas for fun as a kid.

If the map were bigger, I would not have missed the following obvious ones due to name crowding:

[spoiler]Cyprus
Bulgaria
Romania
Hungary
Jamaica
Thailand
Somalia
Malawi

I couldn’t remember the proper name of Kinshasa-Congo, and the rest were microscopic or island-based.[/spoiler]

Bah, I’m a retard, it’s late and didn’t mean to spoil. Could a mod edit my post above please?

161 for me. It’s fun.

1. Big misses include Germany, Austria, Finland, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, New Zealand, Singapore and Saudi Arabia. I got the Americas and most of Africa.

Is Greenland not a country?

ETA- By comparison, I got all 36 Simpsons characters in 3 minutes, 31 seconds. Including taking about 20 seconds to remember Kirk Van Houten’s first name.

Wow you all kicked my ass! I got 67. I would have gotten maybe 5 more if I had spelled them correctly. My weakest areas were Africa and eastern Europe (former USSR). I now know that Greenland and Sicily are not countries. :smack:

It’s a self governing part of Denmark. It looks like the game includes the 192 UN members, plus the Vatican which everybody agrees on, as well as Kosovo and Taiwan. I think this is a good counting system, but you could add Western Sahara too, as it has some street cred on the international recognition scene.

I’ve seen similar games where they count such nonsense countries as Hong Kong and French Guinea which are both countries like Topeka is a country in my book.

The map was confusing because it’s on such a small scale so I hardly referred to it. I just typed the names of the countries using my own mental map of the world.

Seeing as I live in one of them, it shouldn’t have been a stumbling block in my case, but when I was typing “Dominican Republic” it defaulted to Dominica. I might have missed that and gone on, thinking I’d already got the name of the country of which I’m resident :wink:

190, but I’ve done this quiz a few times to try to improve my score. My first score was around 145. I keep missing Burkina Faso and Bulgaria, for some strange reason.

161 on my first try. I was hindered by the small size of the map (even big places Mozambique & Angola got obscured by all the names), my inability to spell Bosnia-Herzewhatever and Kyrgyzstan, and my lack of knowledge on the small island countries.

125, However I wasted close to 25 seconds typing Kazakhstan with a “c” over and over again.

I can’t believe I forgot “Iran”