Names Blacks call rich white people

White trash, redneck, hick, hilbilly, honky, cracker, peckerwood, etc. Those are the names blacks call(ed) poor white people. What name do they call rich white people then? I want a historical answer (not made-up or a joke). And it would be nice if ypu knew the reason and history of it, but it’s ok if you don’t.

How about Boss, Warden, Coach, Victim?

What about bigot, Sun?

And hick, redneck, white trash and hillbilly are all race-neutral in terms of who uses them. I’ve heard more white people call other whites “redneck” or “hick” than I have black people.

Sorry Speaker all the terms you identified are NOT “race-neutral”. Just because someone of the same race uses these terms does not make them “race-neutral”. Using your logic, the N word would be race neutral because people of the same race call each other by it all the time.

The Man

I had a black roommate once who said the proper name for whites was “T-shirt,” because, in his experience, all whites wore T-shirts.

But he may not have been typical, just crazy.

Sun, Speaker specifically said they’re neutral in terms of who uses them. Meaning they aren’t just words black people use to refer to poor white people, people of many racial groups use them.

Extrovert-this is experiential-I cannot give scientific sites. Many young blacks( street, uneducated, in NYC & LA ) think most or all rich whites are Jewish- hence Jews, or variations thereof. Recall Jesse’s “hymietown - referring to NYC a few yrs back, or Jacko’s lyric” Jew him down."

This is not the correct forum…

::::Waits for Pit meltdown::::::::

Ilsa It sort of was the right forum, until the Pit fiends attacked.:rolleyes:

Now I’ll never know what THEY’RE calling me…if I ever get rich.

I’d certainly like to know what makes you think these terms only refer to poor white people? A lot of black people seem to think most white people are rich. I know a black friend cracked me up one time when he said “We can’t all be rich like you”. Like me? I’m just a poor white boy from a poor white family. I guess just because I have a good job, that makes me rich. There’s lots of black people that work here and make as much as me and more, so I guess we’re all rich crackers.

My experience has always been that cracker & redneck (or white motherfucker) seem to be the preferred terms for all whites. Haven’t heard honkey used since the 70’s. I still have no idea where that term comes from. I always thought it was funny how George Jefferson could get away with calling Archie Bunker a honkey. I suppose that term certainly isn’t as offensive as nigger though. Most white people I know aren’t offended by the white racial slurs though anyway. Those that are rendecks seem to be pretty proud of that.

I remember one time discussing this with a white friend and 2 black friends and we had WAY more words for blacks then they could come up with for whites. I guess you just never know what topic will come up after a few bong hits.

I’m going to have to consult with Kim and see if he knows of any different terms for “rich” white people. Republicans perhaps?

G’day

Around here, it seems to be ‘ngunyah’ (applied also to poor white people, but with less venom). I don’t know the origin of the term.

Regards,
Agback

In my 33-year old career as a lifelong practicing black man, I don’t believe I’ve ever heard any derogatory term that’s class-specific for rich whites. At least not here in America. The rich are generally too far removed to be verbally abused, anyway.

Massa, sir, Ol’ Miss – terms of “respect”, typically spoken sarcastically – 's about the best I can think of. Maybe “evil white devils” – though that’s mostly a black Muslim thing (NOI at that).

Unlike whites in America, blacks could not publicly call whites derogatory names without fear of retribution. Culturally and historically, racist name-calling to denigrade people of different races is something whites have done FAR more often, with more creative ingenuity, than other peoples have done to them.

Of the seven names you listed, Extrovertive, only the first four are class-specific. Cracker, honky and peckerwood were (and are) used for pretty much anybody white of any socio-economic background.

You’d be suprised, I think, to realize how much bitterness, hatred, disgust, exasperation and/or vitriol can be packed into the all-purpose phrase, “white folks”.

One of my students thought that the title character’s name in Man of La Mancha was Donkey Honkey. (True story.)[/hijack]

I taught in high schools that were 95% to 98% Black. In twenty years I was never called cracker, redneck or white motherfucker. I was called several bitches, one fucking bitch, one nasty bitch and a sweet baby. Most of the time it was Mrs. Zoe. For wise seniors nearing graduation, it became Her Purple Holiness.

One of my students thought that the title character’s name in Man of La Mancha was Donkey Honkey. (True story.)[/hijack]

I taught in high schools that were 95% to 98% Black. In twenty years I was never called cracker, redneck or white motherfucker. I was called several bitches, one fucking bitch, one nasty bitch and a sweet baby. Most of the time it was Mrs. Zoe. For wise seniors nearing graduation, it became Her Purple Holiness.

From what I’ve always known of the term “peckerwood”, I don’t believe it’s even a racial slur. From what I know, it’s more of a southern word which even many whites refer to themselves as (or rather southern whites).

Check out this site. It’s pretty humorous, but it has a lot to say about that particular word. When I looked up the word on Yahoo, I got tons of hits. None of them that I’ve looked at seem to consider it a racial slur. I suppose lots of words could be used as a slur if it’s said the right way.

Askia makes some very good points and also confirms what I thought I already knew, that there aren’t really any class specific slurs. Exception being “poor white trash”. That’s probably used more by whites that think themselves superior, IMHO. Also, I’ve heard the phrase “white folks” and it always was used in a negative way. It seems to be a term used in jail a lot to refer to the court system. Although, it isn’t limited to that specific setting.

Zoe, given the age group you deal with, it isn’t surprising you didn’t hear the terms I mentioned. At least not to your face. Young black men are more likely to refer to you as a bitch or ho or some other gender specific term which could pretty much be used for any woman, black or white. Heck, except for the skin tone, these days you can’t tell the white kids from the black kids. Is that racial harmony or what? :smiley:

I think most of the terms discussed here are usually used by the older generation of black folks. The people that were around when things were really bad. White’s only this and that. Get to the back of the bus, etc. Kind of reminds me of the scene in Caddyshack when the black attendant was polishing the Judge’s shoes. Didn’t he mumble something like “white motherfucker”?

Askia: Being 33, I’m sure you’ve experienced some racism, but would you agree that things have gotten much better then when your parents grew up? I look around and see black people doing very well in the job market.

Obviously, nobody will give you much of a chance if you show up looking like a thug and speaking ghetto trash, but I think that applies to just about anyone. The black people I’ve always worked with have all been professional people that wouldn’t hire that type of person either. But you would expect that in the service industry. You just can’t answer the phone with “Sheet, mofo, this here be tech support. Whatcha want, niggah?” Apparently McDonalds/Wendy’s/etc. doesn’t care much about professionalism in it’s burger flippers though. Some of the stuff I hear coming from the kitchen when I’m at the drive-thru even makes an old fart like me blush. But that has nothing to do with their race because it seems like a lot of kids today think they’re gangsta rapping thug-ass niggahs. It just looks more stupid when a suburban white kid does it because you know damn well 99% of them have never even seen a ghetto, mush less been to one.

When did gang bangin become a non-sexual term? :confused:

K “I’m not prejudiced, I hate you all the same” p