NaNoWriMo

The Link: NaNoWriMo

The Concept: To write a 50,000 word novel by midnight November 30th. What Is NaNoWriMo?

Is anyone else giving this a go? I’ve signed up and I’ve got my characters and plot all ready to go. They’ve been hanging around in my head for two years and I figure this is the perfect opportunity to sit down and write the damn thing. I’m quite excited!

It’s going to be hard work but I think it’ll also be fun. What I like about it is that there’s no pressure to be good. You just have to write. I think it’s an excellent idea.

I’ve set up a livejournal account to write in and I’d like to join forces with any other dopers who are into the idea. Care to join in?

I’ve considered it, but I’m not sure. It would definitely be a good way to get a start on the second novel of my series books, but I’d need to finish editing the first novel before I bothered. Then again, if some of the pro gigs I have in the wings don’t pan out, I’d have plenty of time, though I wish they’d hold it in the Spring or Summer months. Most of the computer games of the year come out in the fourth quarter, and I always have plenty to review. I certainly won’t turn down paid writing over free stuff.

Well, good luck regardless. Keep us updated here on your progress.

I’m in:
This will be my third year doing Nanowrimo, and I’ve been recruiting all my friends. Of course, I haven’t brought myself to actually read any of my previous efforts, but those trusted few who have say they’re not that awful, considering.

I’m going to try! I failed last year, but I’m looking forward to starting again. Good luck!

Well, I’ve just signed up. I wrote “Steve Wright” and a password, so that’s only another 49,997 to go, right?

What do you mean, it doesn’t work like that?

Yeah, I signed up to and set up a Blog and a homepage.

I now know that I am crazy.

Neat. I think I’ll give it a try.

Second Year NaNo participant.

An occasional Doper, ronincyberpunk (who is also my younger brother), is doing it this year as well. I’ll send him a heads-up about this thread.

I’d try it myself, but I’m wrapped up in my next screenplay and heavily into photography these days; the novel-oriented part of my brain is totally shut down.

Did it last year and finished. I’m signed up again and doing it this year, too. It’s good fun.

I’m in. This outta be fun. Hmmm-- 2,000 words a day? We’ll see…

I’m doing it. Using a cyberpunk novel idea I’ve been kicking around for a while. May not be good but at least it will be fun!

Oh hey my bro did mention me. Yup… I need to read threads before posting.

Also if you guys are IRC users, I’ve set up a #NaNo on irc.wyldryde.net - swing on by and tell them I sent you… if I’m not there… which is highly unlikely.

I did it last year, did 57,000 words and a rather interesting (if cliched) novel and this year will likely do something in the same style.

Apparently a local chapter will be having a meeting this saturday, but I wish they had mentioned it a couple days earlier, before I had committed to plans on that day.

This’ll be my second year, and I am astonished to report that, since this morning, I’ve accidentally come across a gimmick, a title, a hero, a villain, a genre or three, a setting, a plot and conflict, and a resolution. Last year it was all self-indulgent touching-personal-anecdote ramblings, so I’m rather excited to have something “interesting” to work with this year.

I’m doing it! The webpage below is where I’ll be putting it. (It’s my LJ, so there’s no NaNo stuff on the front page now; look in memories.) Not sure I’ll be able to finish, though; my class load is pretty heavy this semester.

Sorry; LJ = http://www.livejournal.com/users/sarafinapekkala/

I’m thinking about it… I’ve had an idea for a novel kicking around in my head since July (ironically enough inspired by something I was researching for a fanfic) and I still have yet to write a word of it. I’m sort of excited about the idea, since so far I’ve yet to find an existing novel with the plot. I’ll give it a go, but… I’m not going to officially join until it(if) looks like I’m going to have some sucess, though.

I’m doing it. First year participant.

I’m feeling rather optimistic about it, as I’m always rather worried about getting a story right, have it edited along the way so it’s almost always cluttered and hectic. No more!

:slight_smile:

I’m doing it. First year participant.

I’m feeling rather optimistic about it, as I’m always rather worried about getting a story right, have it edited along the way so it’s almost always cluttered and hectic. No more!

:slight_smile: