Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats

If you want an earworm to kick your ass for the next week, Google “Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats S.O.B.”

Better yet, just listen to their performance on the Tonight Show last week. It sounds as tight as the studio version.

Bit of background: Denver folk-pop artist Nathaniel Rateliff put together a R&B band called the Night Sweats, and he turned the volume up a notch from his previous stuff. Their debut album drops on August 21. Their first single is S.O.B. Here’s another song off their new album.

From what I’ve heard of Nathaniel Rateliff in the past, but especially from what I’m hearing from the Night Sweats on these first two songs, I can’t wait to get this album.

What are other people’s thoughts? Anyone else digging this? I don’t really listen to old-school radio much anymore, is this song getting any airplay? I’m hearing it a fair amount on Sirius.

It gets play on KUNC, but that’s here in Colorado. I don’t know about other places. KUNC.org is the website; they play a lot of good stuff.