Nature's Soft Nurse MMP

Howdy Y’all! OYKW is on his way to soup ‘n sammich. I elected not to go cause my sinuses ache. Stoopid pollen. I foresee sleepin’ with Ben tonight. ICK!

ETA: First on Three!

I made myself a burger for supper. It was meh, but it filled the void, which was pretty much all I asked of it.

Today is my FIL’s b-day - he’s 87. Sadly, we’ve seen obvious decline over the last few years. His stamina is way down, he dozes off a lot, and his mental acuity is slipping. It’s hard to see, knowing the way he was not too long ago. The aging process is hard on more than just the person aging…

No, web head, it is some guy who needs your help.
There is probably some money in it for you after a small investment!

Just back from the optometrist. My cataracts are growing quite well, thankyouverymuch. I’m seeing the surgeon next month to talk about having them out.
Not a lot else to report.

Oh, that mental acuity thing? Been there, done that, got the merit badge.
It’s around here somewhere. :confused:

Yes, Bumba I am female and at that time I was 5’3" and weighed about 100 pounds.

Parents are fun.
Obviously, so are nurses :smiley:

In the bad news department, as many of you know, one of my friends is raising her granddaughter because her idiot daughter got involved in drugs, got pregnant at 16?, and gave birth to a drug addicted baby.
All along my friend has been telling me what a wonderful baby she is, a happy baby, all good stuff. Well, it’s not so good. There are problems, developmental delays and such. I am so sorry for her, and for the baby, and sorry for her because in addition to that,
she is basically going to raise this child. The father’s family, who were all excited about the new baby, the first grandchild, the first great grandchild, aren’t not doing much to help, or even spend time with the baby. I told her they were shit from the get-go. I don’t even know them, but just that they thought it was exciting that their 18 year old suicidal, drug addict son got his 16 year old gf pregnant, well that says more than enough about them. I don’t care that they all are ‘educated’, and have money, and are so successful, they are shit, pure and simple and disgusting shit.
I really, really hoped I was wrong. I hoped I was just being a cynical asshole.
I feel so sorry for her and all she is going through and all that is yet to come for her.

We’ll miss you in the MMP. :smiley:

bumba, my last desktop ran Vista. A friend who works in IT joked that it was the first time that he had seen it in the wild.

bowser, I’m curious about the orange soup. Is it made from oranges or just orange in color?

Today was a little better, but there’s still a ways to go. I took upbeat music to irk with me and that helped a little. The days getting warmer and being outside does too.

Well ------- give me an inch ---------------- :smiley:

Work was good. And I signed up for a double Saturday so I can blow the stink of the next two days off me. I think I’ll appreciate the chance to work up a good brainless sweat by then.

I had to deal with multiple car wrecks, a Children’s Riot Festival, a horde of teenage shoplifters, and being ordered to give away money to a scammer by TPTB. If there wasn’t beer, things would burn.:wink:

Printed out and submitted this poster today. It looked amazing, and was pasted up as an example for the rest of the class. I am teacher’s pet.

Too tired to sleep well. Maybe a trip through GD will bore me to sleep. :wink:

I had thought of that, but the working PC I do have (yet another surplus adoptee from irk - you seeing a pattern here?) is a bog-standard HP rig whose inside structure clearly does NOT cotton to the idea of having anything external either connected or installed without procedures not entirely unlike castrating a fully conscious and otherwise unrestrained cat…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 59 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of <snerk> 69! <snerk> for the day and mostly cloudy. Tomorrow’s high will be low 80s. Sinuses feel better this mornin’ so yay for that. No biggie plans for the day. I shall roast a brisket with carrots and little N.O.T. for tonight’s dindin. Need to get that goin’ a little later this mornin’ as I want it to slow roast. Laundry shall probably happen as well. The excitatement abounds!

BatBoy yay for bein’ teacher’s pet! :smiley:

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then I suppose I should purtify and start laundry and the brisket.

Happy Thursday Y’all!

I’m here. I’m showered and dressed. I’m pretty sure I didn’t run over any wildlife on my way to work. Beyond that, I got nothin’…

C’mon Firday!!!

Happy Thorsday!

It’s friggin’ cold outside, 23 degrees.

I’ve been up since 4am, and am feeling the blurf, but I have to go to irk in an hour so I may as well stay up.

I just had a bowl of soup for breakfast, one of Campbells beef and veggie. It should have been called beef and carrots. I was hungry and soup sounded good.

Nothing special to do today, SSDD.

Given the quantity found in TV dinners and Chinese take out, I believe that the price of carrots must be at an all time low.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. It was 33 when I took Gordie out.

Congrats! :slight_smile: As long as the teacher doesn’t believe is spaying or neutering his pets.:eek::wink:

I was extremely tired last night so headed for bed around 8:30. Ursala Kitteh did not understand why we were going bed-bye so early. We get in bed, and neither of us could fall asleep. I went back downstairs and ate yogurt covered pretzels until the usual bed-bye time of 9:30.

Blurf At irk. Have CPR refresher training this afternoon. Tahred and ready for the weekend. I was invited to the Director’s annual happy hour and mini golf tournament on Sat. I have been invited every year but I think we will actually go this time. It will be fun and I will get to see my old boss before the current boss.

Rosie’s sig

Lunch time!

FCD’s water pump died on his car. I know why it happened - I commented the other day about how well our savings are accumulating. And the Mysterious Power Bastards of the Universe said “Not so fast, there!” I used to think it was $$$ to get a 'Vette fixed, but it’s nothing compared to a Porsche. Stoopit car.

Other than that, just another day in paradise. I wanna go home… and nap…

Sorry he’s in my world. :frowning: