Navy Army Football Game

This subject has been touched on on a couple of other threads, so I figured we’d consolidate here. (Notice a mule lover didn’t think of this)

**Navy rules **(and we don’t fall down and go “boom” when a railing breaks on national television)

**Army bites **(what’s a bunch of pretty upstate-New York frat boys gonna do in Philly?)

Navy 21 Army 10
(and our gold helmets are cooler than yours!)

Personally I love the two "B"s of football… Ice cold beer and red hot butts running across the field.

I am me… accept it or not.

Navy blows goats.

At least if Army transportation breaks down, they can walk home.

Naval aviator is an oxymoron.

Knights rule, middies concede at halftime and row home.

Gentlemen, I think this needs to be taken to the barbeque pit and…

<comes to senses>

Sorry, I must have been having one of my spells. I’ve been out of the navy for over fifteen years and I was enlisted. My honor sure as hell isn’t being offended. You can rag on those pantywaist midshipmen all you want. I’ll tell you about naval aviators. I knew half the guys who flew in Top Gun. You can tell an aviator by the colossal ego, great big wristwatch and his itty bitty…

It’s your fault that I have no one to blame but myself.

Ahem…I have only one thing to say.

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

Thank you.

“Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.” - George Carlin

Navy transportation doesn’t break down.

It may be delayed… but it doesn’t breakdown, groundpounder.

I believe the phrase is Army-Navy game. Leave it to a boat-float to engage in revisionist storytelling even before the event takes place. As for the flying squids, well, let’s just say that there’s a reason those tailhookers became a nationwide embarrassment to the armed services.

Oh, and does anyone remember the latest honor scandal at Annapolis, the one in which several middies could not be expelled because all they did was tolerate lying cheating and dishonesty. Nows there’s a watered-down, castrated honor code for the next century.

Go Knights!!

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

And it was a frosh mixer that was held at Aberdeen, Maryland?

Knights bite.

History shows that the Knights are ahead of the Corksoakers in number of victories, and Army has beaten Navy 7 out of the last 8.

Go swab something.

And Navy transportation does more than just break down. It sinks.

Razzing aside…I saw something once that just had to be designed by a disgruntled Navy aviator. It was one of those plastic urinal filter things that are supposed to “dispense freshness” while keeping cigarette butts from clogging the urinal holes. Anyway, written in big, blue letters across the front of the item was AIR BOSS.

It’d make a great Christmas present for someone on board, wouldn’t it, Chief?

There is actually a sign over the urinals in my head which reads:

"Jarheads and wingnuts –
Please don’t eat the tasty mints."

(Before anyone can post something snide, a “head” is a restroom aboard ship.)

Got an e-mail form my brother this morning and I’m still laughing my as off!!

The Golden Knights, the Army’s precision parachute team is supposed to leap, freefall, open their 'chutes and land in Veteran’s Stadium today to deliver the game ball.

They made a practice jump yesterday and, get this…

missed the stadium!!!

Only one of the nine jumpers made it into the stadium, the rest were spead all over the parking lot and Patterson Ave.

I hope their directional skills are as questionable on the gridiron as it is above it!

Go Navy!

At the half…
Army blows.

Going into the fourth quarter…

Army still blows.

GO NAVY!

Army = A bunch of losers!!!

They were lucky to have scored a touchdown and a field goal.

19-9 Squids take it!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

::bouncing up and down in her apartment::

A fitting end to the 100th game in the series. Navy wins. :wink:

Congrats to my waterlogged colleagues.

I do always enjoy watching this game - the kids involved are true scholar athletes, not minor league semi-pros. I also like listening to them being interviewed :slight_smile: very few like, you know, uh, inarticulate morons.

Sue from El Paso

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.

Kudos to the floaterboys. By the way, you know Satan won’t give those souls back, don’t you?

Good game, Navy.

Please see <url=http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000415.html>How jealous is navy, let me count the ways</url>

I don’t mind eating crow, but only once per day. It’s not like I spend months at sea without access to real food.

BTW–sorry if link doesn’t work, but C&P did not function. If it’s broke, I ain’t typing it again. Grab a compass and visit the PIT. Look for the hairless, gloating goats.

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

Just wondering why we never hear of a Marines v. Coast Guard rivalry… ? Do the Marines even HAVE a football team? You’d think they’d be able to kick some serious butt.

Oh, except they’d need a quarterback.

Never mind. :slight_smile:

(Lisa, ducking)