NBA Playoffs

What did I just watch? O_O Come on Warriors…! Damn it!

Woo! A come from behind win for the Spurs IN DOUBLE OT! And Manu’s only other 3-pointer!

Can anyone think of another team in the history of the game to have 3 lefties on the floor together? I’m referring in this case to Memphis, with Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, and Teyshaun Prince.

These 2nd round series are terrific! 3 road teams win, now we just need Golden State to break that losing streak of theirs! Come on Warriors!

Whoo, Warriors win!

When they blew game 1, I thought the Warriors blew their only chance at winning this series. But after tonight, heading back to Oakland for 2, I’m suddenly liking their chances a whole lot more…

And all 4 conference games are tied at 1-1. When’s the last time that happened? Hopefully this means 4 game 6 or 7’s, not a bunch of 4-1 beatdowns

Yup, great showing by Golden State. They blew game one but instead of getting discouraged, they realized that this means they can keep up with San Antonio. This is turning into a great playoff season. I don’t much care that the Bulls got killed - another win would’ve been nice, but they were playing with house money, and they’ve done so much better than I expected that I’m just enjoying this. I have a feeling Rose is going to be back for game three, if I’m not getting hopelessly ahead of myself.

Who’s saying anything substantive about Rose? All I keep hearing is that he may play or whatever, but as far as I know, that is all speculation by sportswriters. Rose is a very low-key guy, and I don’t we’ve had one direct quote from him that says he might be playing. It was simply “I’m not ready” a few weeks ago and that’s it. Did anyone, his coach, the owners, say anything substantive about him playing?

Nobody. Thibodeau says there is no change in his status, which I think was “maybe” for this series, and I’m not paying attention to sports writers. It was a feeling based on the last footage I saw of Rose warming up or practicing with the team. Deng and Hinrich both probably won’t play on Friday.

Agreed on both points. One, Golden State looks good, and B, doesn’t matter if the Bulls lost by 100 - a game is a game.

I was getting ahead of myself: Rose isn’t playing tonight either. Should be a good one anyway. I don’t see the Bulls or the Heat winning all their home games in this series. And I’m sure the Warriors crowd is going to be insane for that late game.

Rose has looked good in practice for months, “ready to play” is all in his head at this point.

No Rose, Deng, or Hinrich tonight for the Bulls. But on the bright side, Joey ‘Diva’ Crawford is working the game.
:frowning:

Maybe one of you can help me understand this article.

The group that was trying to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle upped their deal to $625 million. The NBA owners had already rejected the move to Seattle at the old price, and all signs point to them sticking it out with Sacramento at the new price too. In case that happens, the Maloofs made a deal with that Seattle group selling some of the worth of the Kings to that same group for the extra value, while still retaining majority control. Apparently, the writer really hates that, thinks its a slap in the face to Sacramento.

My question is: why the anger? If the value of the team jumped an extra few million, why shouldn’t the Maloofs try to cash in on that? They stilll retain majority ownership and will still be unable to sell the team to the Seattle group or move the team. This just allows them to earn some extra money. Maybe it’ll go back into the Kings. Maybe this will offset, at least for a couple of years, the loss of revenue in not getting a new arena. If the Maloofs want to sell the team and/or move it because they are losing money, why not let them make a little bit from a sale that doesn’t endanger the location of the team?

I was hoping for an overtime shutoout, but 13-3 is still pretty good.

My uneducated opinion is that the NBA owners position on this is egregious bullshit. The Maloof brothers stand to get significantly more cash in exchange for the Kings if they sell to Steve Ballmer’s group; the other owners are, essentially, conspiring to keep that money from the Maloofs by rejecting the more profitable sale in favor of a less profitable one. I recognize that sports get special exceptions to antitrust laws, but I feel like the Maloofs could make an argument in court that what’s being done here is an unfair business practice that is costing them literally millions of dollars.

New York sports fan here, with no vested interest in the outcome either way… but it offends my sense of fair competition to see the better offer rejected not by the seller, but by a third party.

I think the NBA may have to go back to the drawing board and look at the new offer.

I got to go to the game today and was glad we got to pull a win out of it. Tough going, but I think they’re over Game 1 now. From here on it’s an even match-up.

And I feel Tom Thibedeau’s pain. There were some abysmal calls, mostly in San Antonio’s favor (mostly in the first half, and they did get past it, but still, the officiating has been ugly).

Wait, you mean Mark Jackson, the coach of the Warriors or Tom Thibedeau, the coach of the Bulls?! :confused: