Need a recipe! Japanese steak house ginger sauce

Help, if you please. My family has come to love the ginger sauce served at Japanese steak houses, the ones where they slice and dice and cook your food right before your eyes, and serve it to you. Yeah, we know it’s not real Japanese cuisine, but it’s fun, and we all love the ginger dipping sauce for the meat and veggies. But the damned chef-san won’t give out a recipe, and every commercial japanese ginger sauce I’ve tried tastes nothing like it! Can anyone help me out?

Incidentally, it was a great way to get my kids to eat their veggies when they were kids. They wouldn’t touch fresh zucchini or onions served at home, 'til they tried 'em at Kiku of Tokyo!

Here’s the basic recipe for a ginger sauce that is pretty close to what Benihana uses.

1/2 c Soy sauce
1/4 c Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 c onion, sliced
1 knuckle size piece of fresh ginger root or a small pinch of ginger powder.

Put everything in a blender and run the hell out of it.

Play with it from there until you get it how you like it. (Add some more ginger, dilute it down, put a dash of sesame oil in it, etc…)

Have fun with it!

Domo Arigato, Turbo dog-San!

People might also be interested in this site http://www.topsecretrecipes.com which specializes in duplicating restaurant recipes for home cooking.