Need gooey, chocolatey, uber-rich dessert recipes, please!

Hello all,

I just found out a friend’s birthday is tomorrow. I know she likes ultra gooey, rich, sweets, and wanted to do some baking for her. I don’t have much like that in my recipe arsenal, so I’m turning to the Font of All Knowledge™ to bail me out. What are your favorite glucose-overload treats? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Flourless Chocolate Cake is really dense and rich, especially with something like caramel sauce drizzled on top, and maybe a little fresh whipped cream.

This sounded good. http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=318457&highlight=caramel

Chocolate pecan pie

One unbaked pie crust
5-1/4 ounces chocolate chips
1-1/3 ounces butter(2-2/3 tablespoons)
7 tablespoons sugar
1-1/3 cups corn syrup
4 eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1-2/3 cups chopped pecans

Melt the chocolate chips, together with the butter, at a medium setting in a microwave. Blend melted chocolate and the rest of the ingredients, except for the pecans. When well stirred together, stir in the pecans, and pour into the unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for approximately 40 minutes, or until the pie is just barely set in the center. It’s hard to give an exact time, because this is the recipe I use at work, and the oven keeps getting open and shut for other items too.

If you’re looking for something fast, easy, and intensely chocolatey, this should work:

Chocolate Cherry Cake

1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
3 eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 box dark chocolate cake mix

Beat together eggs and pie filling. Mix in dry cake mix and oil. Spread batter in a greased and floured 11 x 15" or 13 x 9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes.

Top with Chocolate Ganache

1 cup cream
8 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

Heat cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan to just under a boil. Add chocolate, and over very low heat, constantly stirring, cook until completely smooth. Cool, stirring, occasionally, until thickened and spreadable (can take several hours). To cool faster, place saucepan in ice water and gently stir until thickened.

Make up to 3 days before, refrigerate, and bring to room temp before using.
Or you could try Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
(I’m not sure if I’ve tried this recipe, but it looks good)

TOPPING:
8 ounces soft whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
1 egg
One 1-pound box confectioners’ sugar, sifted

CAKE:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.

Prepare the topping first. Whip together the cream cheese, melted chocolate and egg. When smooth, stir in the sifted confectioners’ sugar. Set aside.

To make the cake, mix the dry ingredients, preferably in the bowl of a mixer.

In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; beat for 3 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Gently spread the cream cheese topping over the cake. Bake in a 350-degree F oven for 40 minutes. Cool the cake completely, at least 4 hours, before cutting. The cake will stay moist and delicious for 3 days. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

If neither one of those looks good, I have an easy recipe for a mud cake, but it’s very sugary, and it’s not for everyone (chocolate cake with a marshmallow/brown sugar topping).

I may call it a Truffle Cake though, based on the reviews :slight_smile: . I got some caramel to drizzle over the top, and fresh rasberries and dark chocolate to shave over the top as a garnish. Yum, yum, yum!

Thanks everybody!

Death By Chocolate cake:

18 oz. pkg. chocolate cake mix
4.5 oz. pkg. cook and serve chocolate pudding mix
12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips

Cook pudding according to pkg. directions. Add dry cake mix and pour into 13x9" cake pan. Top with chips. Bake according to cake pkg. directions.

I have to recommend Alton Brown’s Chocolate Lava Muffins. Densely chocolate without being overly rich from fats, etc.