Need help getting Searchclick off my computer

Help! My PC (Asus Eee, Windows XP) has gotten a nasty Searchclick infestation. It’s hijacked my Google and Yahoo search so I can’t even look up websites to find out how to get rid of it. I’ve run AVG, Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program, and even bought SpyHunter today trying to get rid of it, to no avail. Can anyone help? I’d be happy if you could look up the instructions on how to kill Searchclick and just summarized them here for me.

Had same problem a couple of months ago. Folks at the Malware Removal forum were helpful.

post your problem here. Wait for a response from a trained pro; may take a couple of days, be patient (If they take >3 days you may have to post in they bump forum to get their attention). They’ll instruct you exactly what to do to your computer, and what results to report back. Process took a couple of weeks to play out for me, but cured my computer.

Alternatively here’s the guide for removing Searchclick manually, from the SpyWareRemove site.

The guided method in the previous post, though longer, is preferable if you’re unsure about editing the registry.