Need yet another movie ID'd

I watched this movie as a kid on TV but still remember it vividly, I’m pretty sure it was in black & white. The story was basically … a black women (I think she was a maid) who was single & had a child who looked pure caucasion. The kid grew up hating her mother cause she was black, the child was extremely cruel to her and would not admit that this women was her mother, despite the fact that she was a wonderful mother to her. The little bitch grew up and moved away, never contacting her mother and I believe became a movie star, the whole time hiding her heritage and nobody had a clue. Her mother died at the end of the movie and then the cruel daughter broke down, realized what she had done and how she had treated her and showed up at her funeral in hysterics. It was a great movie, or so I thought back then and have always wanted to see it again. I would guess it would be a 50’s or 60’s movie. Anybody have a clue??? TIA

Imitation of Life (1959)

GIGO, thanks soooo much, this is it for sure … I’m going to try and order this, can’t wait to watch it again!! Hope its as good as I thought it was back then. Unlike Night Gallery, man-o-man is that a lame show as an adult, but scared the sh*t out of me when I was a kid