Neil Young and Crazy Horse on tour

Just got tickets for the show at Jiffy Lube Live arena in the DC area May 11. I’m driving up from SW Virginia, my brother is driving down from NYC, about 3.5 hours each, and we will meet our old friend Tim, who lives about half an hour away from the venue. We all saw Neil and Crazy Horse in DC in 1992, so a cool reunion. And he has a VP parking pass at Jiffy Lube, I read that it is a nightmare to get out of otherwise after a concert.

The last time I saw the Horse was in 2007, when my brother and I paid a silly amount of money to get 2nd row seats in Wallingford, CT.

Hey hey, my my. Rock and roll can never die.

Worst arena name ever. And that includes Climate Pledge Arena, Camping World Stadium, and Smoothie King Center.

The show sounds fun though. Enjoy!

This. Sounds like a place where (in some alternative universe where you were so inclined) you could watch people’s cars get their oil changed and whatnot, from the comfort of stadium seating.

In the 70s there was an actual Union 76 station in the Dodger Stadium parking lot and you could get an oil change during the game.

When I was growing up, science fiction told me these dystopian days were coming, but I held out hope for humanity. Oh well, at least this kind of shit made me outgrow being a sports fan.

What lineup is Crazy Horse?

Saw them in Vegas years and years ago. First half was all of em. Second half, just Neil and a pipe-organ. It was a Religious experience, nearly!

Enjoy!

I’m just a little bit jealous.

Ok, maybe a lot.

Enjoy!

mmm

Ralph, Poncho, and Billy, I assume. They’d probably change the name otherwise.
Speaking of Crazy Horse, I only recently learned that Nils Lofgren, at the time a member, wrote Beggars Day. I always thought that was a Nazareth composition.

The King is gone
But he’s not forgotten.

Have fun. I’m more than a wee bit envious.

And add my name to the list of people for whom the stadium name almost overwhelmed the actual news :wink:

Pancho retired a couple of years ago due to arthritis. Nils Lofgran replaced him.

Thanks. Well, that’s still officially Crazy Horse!

I saw them in Bakersfield in 2018 when they last toured. It was a treat.

Got to go in San Diego last night (2nd night of 2 there) and it was tremendous. Definitely go if you have the chance.

Both nights he opened with Cortez/Cinnamon Girl/Scattered, but diverged the set from there.

They jammed about 7 minutes on Cortez before Neil stepped up to sing, and he’s added a new verse that he apparently wrote originally but a technical error in the studio meant it wasn’t recorded, and then it was forgotten about, until he found the original paper lyric recently.

Nils’ role (he’s on tour with Bruce) was filled by Micah Nelson, Willie’s kid.

As an encore, Neil came out with his guitar and harmonica to play 4 songs, before the band rejoined him for Rockin’ In the Free World, as relevant today as when it was written.

His tour ends at Hollywood Bowl in September and I think I might have to go again then.

Saw the Jiffy Lube sbow last night, basically the same great show. Unfortunately not coming anywhere near me again

It 's on YouTube now, listed as Bristow, VA

I nod in agreement as I’m about to walk in to the Freedom Mortgage Pavilion for tonight’s show. Can’t wait!