Neko Cases' Plan for reintroducing Tigers to the wild

I’d be in favor of this, except I think we should replace the tiger with, say, a 31-year-old rural physician. (Yes, I have one in mind. :slight_smile: )

could use the tiger instead of lethal injections for the death penalty.

i may join the pro (tiger) death penalty side then.

Okay, I know I’ve heard of Neko Case before, but I can’t think of where.

What is it quite likely that I would have heard from her?

-FrL-

Hmmmm, Neko Case. Anything like Nosmo King and his brother Nodrin?

Nekoca Se. Ne Kocase. ::goes away muttering to himself::

Um, Mr. Moderator, sir, just a quick question from a member of less than a year: Does the OP come anywhere near being a troll? I’m not making an accusation, sir, only asking a question in hopes of clarifying the boundaries.

She is a singer.

Indeed. That is why I asked what it is that I might have heard from her (or “by” her, as I probably should have written). This would help me identify her.

I didn’t recognize any of the four or five sound clips I played at amazon.com, but I am sure I’ve heard something by her before. What gets played on the radio?

-FrL-

Deep Red Bells is probably the closest thing she has to a hit.

There used to be a place in the world, up until very recently, that - in its obsession with the greater community at the destruction of the self, its love of military virtues, its emphasis on harsh personal discipline, and its inability to treat other nations and peoples as equals - resembled Sparta very much.

It was Nazi Germany.

Actually, you could say the same about any powerful police state with a well-developed propaganda engine. There’s a reason unfree societies like that tend to die out - they can’t adapt and they can’t compete.