Netflix list

I’d forgotten about Hot Fuzz from when I saw the trailer at the theater. Well now it’s in the ‘long wait’ category, so I just added it to position 20.

I can’t decide whether I’m amazed that many of your lists are so sort or embarrassed that mine is so long.

1: Papillon
392: Hot Fuzz (on long wait so there’s no point in moving it up yet).

I really should stay out of movie threads here because I always end up adding four or five to a list that I’ll probably never get through anyway. On the upside, they just lowered my fees by 4 bucks a month. :slight_smile:

#1 Blades of Glory - even though it’s not out yet

#74 Herbie Fully Loaded

I’m always moving my movies around on the list. The ones at the bottom normally stay there.

#1 Dark Water Rising

#3 The Situation

I seldom have more than 5 movies in the queue, since I have Netflix’s cheapest plan and mostly use it to get movies that are unlikely to ever show up on cable.

I just returned Thief of Bagdad, 1924, with Douglas Fairbanks, to get MacGyver Season 1 Disk 6.

That leaves #1 as Grand Illusion, about two French soldiers in a WWI POW camp, one plebeian and the other aristocratic (like the commander of the camp), their class tensions, and their plans for escape.

Last was (when I started this thread) #107, Crossfire, in which police detective Robert Young and Army sergeant Robert Mitchum investigate an apparently motiveless murder.

#1: A Bridge Too Far

#86: Howl’s Moving Castle

I had over 200 items in my queue until very recently, when I went through and culled out a bunch of crap that I added years ago and don’t really want to see anymore.

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I made the SO see the latest Harry Potter movie. He had never seen any of the others, nor read the books, so he wants to fill in the background.

2. A Price Above Rubies. Which I never heard of before yesterday. I wanted to check out some Christopher Eccleston action.

I just returned Curse of the Golden Flower and Session 9.

1. The Queen

2. Easy Rider

I generally watch one movie a week, so this should last me a while. When I get below 30 in queue, I go through and add a few more.

-Belz

1. Little Miss Sunshine
  2. Zodiac

We have *The Departed * in the player, watched it last weekend but haven’t gotten around to returning it yet. And Cars is sitting on top of the TV, unwatched so far by my kids.

I’m actually a little embarrassed at how few movies I have in my list, compared to some of you. We used to watch 2-3 movies a week, but now that we have Tivo, it’s more like 2-3 a month. Twentyfive will last us a good while.

1. Shaun of the Dead
  2. The Sopranos Season 1

A few weeks ago, Redneck Zombies was #1

I just popped To Kill A Mockingbird up to the top of the list, because my sister’s never seen it. Stuart Little 2 is still at the bottom, and will remain there for some time.

#1 is The Best of the Best of the Electric Company
#50 is Hot Fuzz, although it was Clerks 2.

Right now, I’ve got Sunset Boulevard and Seven Samurai at home. I tend to use Netflix to see classic movies that are kind of hard to find at the local video emporia.

Robin

I just finished watching “Hot Fuzz” tonight. It was a hoot!

I have to return my copy of “300” though. There was a defect in it that made it stop and start erratically. Not good for a historical action epic…