Nevada Republican Caucus

Am I reading correctly that results will not begin coming in until Midnight?

Midnight in what time zone? Nevada is pacific time.

Eep. So no results until 3:00 AM Eastern? Guess I am going to bed after all.

I believe it’s midnight EST. I’m out on the west, so I’ll be peeking in around 9:00 pm. Nevada is a little messed up, map wise and poll wise, so it takes a little longer than states with lots of cities.

Oh well, I will go ahead and give my prediction.

Trump 36 %
Rubio 26 %
Cruz 23 %
Kasich 9 %
Sleepy 6 %

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers… and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all that for the Caucus . . .

The last caucus was such a mess that it took more than a day to get the results, so you might not miss much.

We can’t stop here…

Which explains those . . . faces, or whatever they are.

It sounds pretty bad this time, too.

Not to mention that the poll workers are wearing Trump gear. Which, upon edit, is apparently fine. Nevada is weird.

Oh I can’t wait to see some video of the GOP caucus! Surely someone whipped out their phone and shot some footage, aye?

ETA: [This video isn’t of a mob scene or a bullying Trump supporter, but it explains the way that the GOP is tallying votes for the caucus:

](http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/23/kornacki_unbelievable_that_deciding_nevada_republican_caucus_involves_sending_images_of_results.html)

I found [this on the AP:

](http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_2016_ELECTION_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-23-22-51-31)

Entrance poll data:
58% angry with performance of federal government; another 36% dissatisfied.
61% want a political outsider to be president.

People were wondering why Nevada GOP switched to a caucus system. This is it, right here. No one will ever know who “wins” this system. No recount is going to be possible. No pesky need to get voters to the polls or rig election machines. No paper trail. Hundreds of people just text stuff to the central party and the Party announces the winner.

Low key caucus.

Just on CNN there was a scary shot of a Nevada precinct showing Cruz on top with Trump in second and Rubio on third.

Had to remember that was just one precinct and only one early result.

Low key? What are you watching?

I hear ties are broken with a best-of-eleven match of Xing Hai Shi Bu Xing.

Politico is showing, with 3.3% of precincts reporting, that Trump is the big winner. Who’s the big winner tonight? Donnie, that’s who!

He’s almost got 42% of the vote, with Rubio and Cruz coming up next with 23/22%. Carson has under 9, and the other guy is at Blue Man Group.