New Baby/Potty Training Update

The boy baby had his first doctor’s appointment today. He’s quite healthy. He weighed 7 lbs 6 oz when he was born, on October 2. As of today, he weighed NINE POUNDS TWO OUNCES. He was 21 inches long today, too…an inch & a half longer than at birth. Yowzah.

I started a potty training thread a while ago, and got some good suggestions. I tried them, but they didn’t work. Not at the time, anyway. But a week ago, my daughter all of a sudden started using the potty. She uses it 4 or 5 times a day now. I mentioned this to a friend of mine, and she thought that maybe it was because she sees us changing her brother’s diapers, and realized that diapers were for “little babies,” and she’s not a little baby. Has anyone else experienced this? We’ve been rewarding her whenever she goes potty, with big hugs, lots of praise, and Blue’s Clues stickers. It’s working.

We do not have the second child yet, but we do try to employ the “big girls go to on the potty” concept. We also reward her with much praise and tell her how she is a big girl and can get a big girl bed soon. She is currently almost 3. She usually uses the potty, but occasionally she gets to busy and forgets to go and goes in her pants.

Jeffery

p.s. Congrats on the seemingly healthy baby.