New Dyson "air multiplier"-- fans without blades

If it’s anything like Dyson’s Airblade hand dryers (which give the effect of a knife of painful air blasting through your epidermis, while transferring all the water off your hands onto your face :rolleyes: ), then I suspect that even as it blows, it will suck.

No choppy air?! Then how am I supposed to sound like Darth Vader when I talk through it?

One of the comments on the site steronz links to says it looks like he wants to hit a quidditch ball through it and score a goal.

This got me thinking – if you got two of these, a table top, and a bunch of ping pong balls, you could have a nice (but expensive) game of Table Football, tossing the ball through your hoop and letting the breeze carry it forward to your opponent’s side. (The goal wouldn’t be to put it through his hoop against his wind, but to cross a goal line)

Or you could have fun shooting at each other’s forts

You did mean shooting each other farts, right? Because that’s how I took it.

I suppose that sums up the differences between us. That idea never occurred to me. ut i suppose it would be a legitimate use of the thing. And, even at $300, someone is almost certain to try it.

I was sold on it until I saw it’s:

A) louder than a regular fan
B) doesn’t have as much airflow as a regular fan
C) costs $300.

I’d buy one if it cost $40 for the neato factor, but that’s about it.