New guy

Hi all. I just wanted to say thanks for entertaining me for the last few weeks. Would it be possible for a new guy to jump in? I’m Scarred, and not in the psychological sense (yet). My wife thinks I look like the world’s worst boxer. Just bad luck on the basketball court. So, how many weeks of hazing will I have to put up with before I’m accepted into the fold? I assume the position…

Just tell us why they punch holes in cans of Kiwi shoe polish and you will be instantly promoted from FNG to SDMB genius!

Shoe polish? I’m getting shivers from the Sunday School memories. My parents forced me to skip the 3 Stooges on TV so I could get cleaned up for church. What were they thinking?!?

Or, if you could tell us the derivation of the term “street ell”. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! …(Paraphrased)

Welcome to the SDMB, Scarred. I’ll mail you a can of Mandarin oranges if you’ll help Elbows with his question…

Welcome Scarred! I pretty new here myself. I just became a teeming million a few weeks ago. I think I’m probably the youngest teeming million too. (I just turned 15, anyone younger?¿?¿) I think I was pretty much accepted, but then I posted a stupid question which I now regret. Come on- isn’t everyone allowed one stupid mistake?

Remember- If you’re angry it takes 42 muscles to frown, and only a few muscles to smack the idiot that mad you angry in the first place.

<< I think I was pretty much accepted, but then I posted a stupid question which I now regret. Come on- isn’t everyone allowed one stupid mistake? >>

Sure, Sonic, and probably a heck of a lot more than one. But here’s the trick: not only are you allowed one stupid mistake, but everyone else is allowed to tease you mercilessly about it.

I haven’t been around for too long either, but I just went ahead and butted right in.

Always happy to have one more doper.

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- Ambrose Bierce

Sonic: Not only am I fairly new, (about a month), but I will turn 16 next month, on the 16th, in fact :slight_smile: .

“Of course, that’s just my opinion; I could be wrong.”–Dennis Miller

Okay, so we’ve got 3 15-16 year olds (Sonic, narayan, and me). Anyone else? Where did you guys hear of Cecil? Should we start a new post for teens?

Yes, I seem to be having trouble controlling THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!
–Austin Powers

That should have read ‘nayaran’. And I even looked again the first time to make sure I got it right… [sigh]

Hi Scarred! I’m 36 & have been a fan of Unca Cecil’s for almost 10 years. Check out his published works {buy his books & make the old coot happy, like I did}
My Dad was a pro boxer, in his salad days.

Scarred:

Welcome.

First question answered.

Post another or solve one of our mysteries.

We’re waiting…

Thanks for the welcomes (is that the proper plural)? I wish something like this was available when I was a teenager. I’m 42, married, a dad, and still a dope. Those of you involved in the “Trix rabbit” should know that you made my day. Some of the funniest stuff I’ve read in a while.