New here

Og, so many newbies, such little time. Well, we’ve got TupeloHoney with the robogoat, which means maggenpye gets Mariah don’t worry, the suction marks will come off in a couple weeks’ time…unless they happen to end up on your more sensitive bits, in that case, you’ve got some explainin’ to do to your significant other and Panurge…you get to make friends with a dozen badgers in a very small room. Here, wear this necklace of badger bait for protection. Engage them. Make sure they get the taste of your blood…er…that…necklace…of…stuff.

I really, really, really need you to rephrase that for us British people. Spunk.

You know. Exuberant extroverted enthusiasm. What perky people have too much of, especially when they’re on the election trail outside subway stations at 8 in the morning. I ran into the woman who is now my MPP that way one day. Lawyer in a red dress that was way too bright for my brain at that time of day.

Spunk.

I know what spunk means. I even know what the American version of spunk means. It is just that for us British people that definition is not the one which immediately springs to mind.

Welcome to the boards! smooch for each of the newbies, dashes off to get champagne and squid

[sub]Since when are we using badgers?[/sub]

Welcome to hell. :slight_smile: all newbies

Watch out for the hamsters and don’t forget to bring pie…and beer, lots of beer…or vodka …or whisky or…

Well, the goat is having a good, long nap after the previous initiation. I had to improvise.

Hence…badgers.

And spunk.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

When I first saw the thread title and name, I thought “She can’t be new, I’ve seen her around for a long time!”

Then my brain kicked in and I realized where I’ve seen that name.
You wouldn’t happen to be the TupeloHoney from livejournal that’s in the bellydancing company, would you?

If so, :cool:

Gives a whole new meaning to this Mary Tyler Moore quote…

Lou Grant: You know what, you’ve got spunk!
Mary Richards: Well, yes…
Lou Grant: I hate spunk!

You mean This hamster…? :smiley:

Welcome, welcome all. We apologize for the last minute badger, but the powers that be said we could not bring any lactating beasts. Hope you have a long and enjoyable stay. Don’t mind the mess in the corner. The squid had to be put down. We do have a new one on the way.

Will the three of you be sh… sha… shar…sharing a room? :smack:

SSG Schwartz

Mariah didn’t have to be put down. You need to be dunked in a tub of irate cuttlefish for even insinuating that.

I’m gonna suggest the opposite of some what others have. Visit this thread in the Pit for an example of how NOT to behave. It’s really too bad it was just shut down, I was just about to explain how to use a smoked herring as a condom. Oh, well, another time… :wink:

Tupelo is in Mississippi, not in Virginia. An American would know that!

WHO ARE YOU REALLY!?

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO LEARN?! WAS MACHST DU IM SDMB?! SEIZE HIM!

Tupelo is famous for Elvis who was more famous for Las Vegas and had DC connections to Nixon…

Honey is made by bees, who live in hives…

Mos Eisley was a wretched hive of scum and villainy and those scenes were filmed in Tunisia…

The new interloper is a Tunisian who is going to try to blow up Las Vegas using Richard Nixon’s former aides!

But, as I don’t know anybody in Las Vegas, welcome.
Except it occurs that Elvis lived in Memphis, which was in Egypt, and Egypt an Tunisia are in Africa…

Tupelo Honey could be the Nigerian Scammer, finally summoned from the ether and made flesh by enough people answering…

The brain is hurting, but that’s because it’s onto something.

You killed Mariah?!!!

(well, after all, she Did sing…)

New here as well. I will eat the squid if I get the chance. Yum.

:: rereads SSG Schwartz’s post ::

Oh! “Put down.” You insulted the squid, instead of killing her.

Well, that’s marginally better, at least for her.

(They think she’s fat?)

Bah. Mariah cares not for your appetite or any kind of calamari-clad desires…
Mariah cares for one thing and one thing only…

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but…

pwning noobs.