New here

Regarding Sunspace’s advice:
Just be prepred to back yourself up with cites in debate
Good advice

when mentioning cats always link to pictures
ignore this. only close-up pictures of spiders please

and try not to become addicted.
and ignore this too. Addiction always gets a bad rap.

The last I heard Mariah was blowing the stars around. Started with Don Knotts and worked her way up to Johnny Depp.

I could never kill Mariah. She has been there for the best and the worst introductions. (But the squid does have a drinking problem truth be told).

Og save the Squid.

SSG Schwartz

In [DEL]Soviet Union[/DEL] Straight Dope initiations . . .

Hahaha, you guys have a lot of personality! I’m loving it! I think I might stay for a while…

Now we hafta change that thing under your name…the thing that says “guest”.

Welcome to this place- I am new also, but have a real good idea about the many characters here!

Love your screen name! I am a HUGE, HUGE Van Morrison fan and almost used the screen name Magic Time after his album of the same name. :wink:

My husband calls me his 'brown-eyed girl"- mushy, yes, but I love it! :smiley:

~Deborah

HI TRIS!! /SA chorus

It all started when I was browsing the Web one day and wondered if the Straight Dope columns were posted anywhere…

Welcome, Abraca Deborah! I see your husband has [del]lured[/del] invited you to come see the madness in person. :smiley:

Welcome to all the newcomers. Wow so many, I feel sorry for the goat.

As the Martguerita’s have not been passed around, will you settle for a Bass Ale?

Jim

Thank you for the hearty welcome.

Not all of us met the goat, though - I had fun with the badgers instead. Was a bit disappointed at first that I missed the goat & the squid, but those badgers.

• and why, yes - I would like a Bass Ale right now. That badger room got kinda hot.

Welcome! Check out the MMP* threads if you’re into free-form socializing.

*Monday Morning Post