New Hyundai Christmas Commercials

Hated that one.

Loved that one. And I’ll be in my bunk.

I get a kick out of the commercial with with her and the red car. They cut and splice the film as she sings, her legs flopping in and out like she’s in dire need of a restroom brake.

She is listening to her prerecorded voice and singing the harmony part over it. If you’ve never done it, you may be surprised at how difficult it is to do it right and make it sound good. Looking good while doing it is low priority for her I guess. Since they don’t use auto tune, it is evident that she is pretty good at getting the harmony down, whether you like her style or not.

That being said, I saw a video where she was not singing over herself. She had a real hard time looking at the camera. When she did however, those eyes burned through my soul.

I could’ve written that word for word. And the song in your second link, “If You Think You Need Some Lovin’”, is damn catchy. I’ll be listening to that one all day, I expect.

Well, I’ll jump in and claim dibs on the blonde chick singing in the mall on the escalator. I don’t even know what the commercial is for, but the camera sure loves her.

1 minute, 22 seconds each. That’s about all I could take of each of the three songs I tried to get through. Meh, to each his own. This one’s not for me. She is oddly cute for a bit, but not enough for me to listen to her music.

I don’t mind the video idea, it’s okay, and I could probably tolerate the music - even get into it in the right mood. That last one is even a bit catchy.

I don’t mind she’s singing all the parts, and glad she’s actually signing the notes rather than just autotuning to find them.

But her singing is just… empty. Barely there. She pauses for every frikking word. It’s like she’s plinking on that little toy xylophone with her voice, rather than belting out the words. That’s what annoys me. I like singers with passion, emotion, depth.

I carry around a master list entitled:“Candidates for the Future Empress of the Weltreich”. It is safe to say she is on that list.

So that Weltreich will last only until she sings at your coronation, then we’ll have a revolution… Not a solid plan.

Why would she sing? Heck, her purpose wouldn’t even be to talk.

The chick in the commercial is prettyt cute.

I’d f-in do her.

Is it me, or does her partner Jack(?) seem insane? Or on Meth? In the commercials he’s only really shown banging into Hyundais and twirling signs around.

I like the way the music is arranged. Their take on Lady Gaga’s “Telephone” is particularly brilliant, a big improvement over the original, IMHO. I thought I was attracted to the music largely because of Nataly Dawn’s cuteness, initially, but I listened to some of her solo work and work with other artists and discovered that it’s the music I like most. Hunh. Jack Conte, aka Manic Guy, is a pretty good arranger and composer I think … maybe more of a talent than Nataly. Still, Jack’s solo efforts are kinda manic and he does not have Nataly’s pipes. So maybe there is a good synergy going on between them, creatively speaking.

Count me in as another one who is totally in love with Nataly Dawn. She’s currently my wallpaper on my cell phone. When I saw an article on the commercial and found out who she was, I went and downloaded her album from iTunes, downloaded her videos from youtube. I’m obsessed. She has a certain style, but I don’t think she sings every song the same way. Mr. Sandman is not like Beat It. She is incredibly cute and I like the guy too.

According to Wiki: “Natalie Knutsen (the girls real last name), along with her family, was an evangelical Christian missionary in France, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Scotland, Serbia, Croatia, Germany, Norway, and Poland. They founded EuroBoost in 2005 as a way to accelerate church planting in European countries.”

She is cute, no lie, but after finding that out…less so.

Question on another commercial: The Qwest HD commercial with that woman with the black hair and bangs standing off to the side: where do I think I’ve seen her before?

Sounds more like an excuse for an extended tour of Europe on someone elses dime.

I’m sold. Literally. I had to have If You Think You Need Some Lovin.

That’s fine.