New Hyundai Christmas Commercials

Amen to this!!!

I also find her somewhat attractive in a quirky way, but the way she sings is just as you describe—Trying too hard to be detached and aloof, and obviously above the commercial aspects of her current artistic endeavor, as befits her incredible talent…:rolleyes:

I don’t want to be uncharitable, so I will say thanks for the link.

all i know is the damned commercials make me all stabby, i hate the music and i hate the girl.

Uhmmmm…fantasy,folks?

Ya know, hand lotion and Kleenex???

I gotta throw in with bouv and drastic_quench et al here.

There has surely never been a less festive version of Jingle Bells ever recorded (barking dogs included). How can anybody not even at least pretend to enjoy singing Jingle Bells?

ETA: Yeah, okay, she’s cute. Lots of girls are cute.

I heard the Pomplamoose version before I ever heard the Lady Gaga version. I was lying in bed after just waking up and my girlfriend was playing the Youtube video on my computer. I didn’t know that it was a cover of a Lady Gaga song. I just thought it was a good song! “What is this song? Who does this?” I asked. When I found out it was a cover, I was disappointed. When I heard the original song, I thought, “wow, the cover version is a lot better.”

I had no idea in the world watching the commercial whether that was a cutish boy or a drab girl. I had an idea they were a band, though; got that part right.

The new Hyundai commercials with the singer people. Who are they? I find myself very attracted to the girl and wish they had more of those extreme closeups of her face.

Nataly Dawn. Of Pomplamoose.

Wow…that was quick.
Thanks!

Apparently you missed the other thread on this.

She may be a novelty in the commercial, but the Christmas Horror is that she sings every fucking song she ever sings in exactly the same way.

Then again, some look for that type of thing. To me, it just lets me know she can multi-task. And I would wager that a majority of the things in her background are more intellectual than not.

Then again, again, It could just be my own ADHD picking up on something there.

But yeah, throw me into the OP’s camp here. She reminds me of someone I knew my first year of college. I would have asked her out in a moment, if circumstances allowed.

When I saw the first commercial I was immediately annoyed by the “guy playing bells who obviously needs some Ridalin.” But I kinda liked the way she sang the song so I went and found them on YouTube and, after watching a few more decided he’s just having that much fun making music. Good on them both.

She’s adorable (in a shy sort of way-<pitter patter>), but her voice is very thin. I prefer rich voices in my female singers, like Tarja or Kate Bush.

Merged Sir T-Cups’ thread into previous thread by zoid.

Now I have to log in to this thread from a computer where I can access youtube.

And now I have read this thread on a computer with access to youtube.

Egads, that is bad. I tried “September” (Earth, Wind, and Fire), “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” (Aerosmith)*, “Telephone” (Lady Gaga), and “Beat It” (Michael Jackson) - I couldn’t make it through a single song. Dreadful. Ironically, the Hyundai commercials are the best songs she sings. Probably because they are closest to music I’m used to by no-talent hacks (i.e. random neighbors and family members) and the non-rock style.

She is cute. I would pound the stuffing out of her, but I’d have to keep something in her mouth to keep her from singing.

• Yes, it is amusing from a certain point, that song with her flat affect - no emotion, and the music is upbeat - it’s practically cheerful. No really, listen to a bit of that one - but only a bit. Good heavens, not the whole thing!

Personally, I think she went to the Vulcan music academy. They taught her all about notes and beat and tempo, but she missed out on understanding passion.

Yech. She might be cute but can’t sing worth a tinker’s damn. And her boyfriend/bandmate/whatever is CREEPY.

I kinda dig their music, to be totally honest.

This is one of the songs that are their own, which I like.

Here’s another.

The idea behind their video’s and their music is pretty cool… if you hear it, you’ll see it in the video, and vice versa. Like instead of using auto-tune to get a harmony of her voice, they record her doing all the parts, then blend those. Thus you get a harmony, and you get a shot of her head recording the 3-5-eleventy squillion parts. Kinda neat, imo.

And yes, she’s cute.

Unfortunately, she does give off kind of an artsy-Hipstery vibe, which I find offputting.

I’m just happy to see somebody doing something at least semi-original, and getting some success in it.

Jeez, you guys are harsh.

Personally, I think she’s cuter than a basket of kittens, but I have to admit that Pomplamoose is pretty much a one-trick pony. Once you’ve heard one cover done that way, you’ve pretty much heard them all. Nevertheless, I quite liked “Telephone”, more than GaGa’s original in fact.