New SFWA Grand Master - Lois McMaster Bujold

"SFWA President Mary Robinette Kowall commented:

Lois McMaster Bujold has had an undeniable influence on the field of science- fiction and fantasy. From the the Vorkosigan Saga, to the Chalion series and the Sharing Knife series, she finds new ways to explore the genre, mixing and matching everything from regency to science fiction. With dozens of books in multiple languages, while continuing to write, she is one of the most prolific authors working today. Importantly, she also serves as a role model for many writers, including me. In A Civil Campaign, she wrote, “Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.” There is no doubt about Lois McMaster Bujold’s honor and becoming SFWA’s newest Grand Master only underlines her sterling reputation."

Nice! She’s one of my favorites.

Actual press release - with Kowal spelled correctly Lois McMaster Bujold Named SFWA Damon Knight Grand Master - The Nebula Awards®

Well deserved.

Yay! She is a wonderful writer.

Cool, she’s a good one.

Yes, definitely a well-earned honor.

Those Chalion books are some of the finest fantasy novels I’ve ever read.

She’s my favorite author. That’s why I chose “Dendarii Dame” for my SDMB name.

This one pleases me.

I find nothing to criticize and much to commend on this award–well done!

A good choice. The Vorkosigan Saga is the best multi-volume space opera ever written period. The Chalion novels are good, though not my absolute favorites.

The Sharing Knife books were … blah.

Nobody can hit it out of the park every time (though I can’t personally comment on Sharing Knife). But Chalion and Vorkosigan are indeed awesome.

Bumping to note that the official bestowing of the title was a few hours ago.

My absolute favorite author. I’m pleased for her.

StG