NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 3)

Last I heard, it was found in a visitor cubby. I’m sure Hunter goes in through the visitor entrance, if he even goes there at all. :roll_eyes:

Hmph. There you go yammering on about facts and stupid things like that. Never mind that now, there’s a scandal to flog!

To “celebrate” the 4th, noted insurrectionist and traitor Josh Hawley tweeted a quote by Patrick Henry - which was actually made up in 1956 by a neo-Nazi magazine.

Just bizarre. And he’s running for Gov.

" This is not the first time Robinson has invoked Hitler in the last month. In June, the Republican compared his political opponents to the Nazi leader during a speech at the North Carolina Republican convention. “We look back at history, we look at the Germans and we look at the Japanese, we think, how in the world did those people let that happen? Why did they not do something about it?” Robinson said. “Could they not have seen the disaster that was heading towards them? It’s time for us to take a look at ourselves and ask ourselves that question. We see the disaster coming.”

Well, look at history; slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, voter suppression, economic supression, education inequality… Now wait here Steve, you’ll make white kids feel bad so assholes in Florida, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ohio… are actively trying to destroy history.

Dear Idiot Robinson: We do see the disaster coming. It’s you, DJT, DeSantis, Turtle, Alito, Thomas, Paxton, Crow, Singer, Koch, Carlson, Murdoch et al.

Also from that article:

It’s only true that “slavery came to America to die” in the sense that the US was the last major nation in the world to ban slavery. That’s not exactly a rousing endorsement of us.

Every accusation is a confession.

The best way to perform a Fascist takeover is to scare your followers into believing Those Other People are about to do a takeover, and only you, the Ideal Strongman, can prevent it.

It may be the oldest trick in the book. But it’s the oldest because it still works so darn well. A lot of humans desperately want to be under the thumb of a strongman. They don’t realize that’s what they want, but it is what they want.

What many of them seem to want is a feeling of security — an assurance that The Other™ won’t harm them, either directly or by taking something* that should rightly be theirs. This is an easily-stoked fear in a depressingly large segment of the body politic.

I’ve said it elsewhere that while politicians used to want people to be fat, dumb and happy, now they want them to be dumb and scared (fat optional).

* Including basic human dignity, which to many seems to be a zero-sum commodity.

Dumb, scared, and armed - unfortunately.

Fat has been accomplished (on a national level).

Or as Shrub once said, albeit a bit prematurely: “Mission accomplished.”

Dean Wormer for President!

Oklahoma superintendent says the Tulsa massacre had nothing to do with skin color.

Well, now, it really wasn’t about their skin color! I mean, a person could be paler than most of the “whites” in town, but if they had any known Vlack ancestors, that’s what they were. So it was about race, not skin color. Put that in the history books.

Nope, nothing to do with race at all, nope nothing…

This is a stupid, vile, mendacious pile of excrement. Not human. Even normal Oklahomans would despise this worm except for the (R) after the name.

Beware the Stupidman?

Or, as Mr. Snrub once said, “Hello, my name is Mr. Snrub, and I come from, uh… someplace far away! (Yes, that will do.) Anyway, I… I say we invest that money back in the nuclear plant!”

I like the way Snrub thinks!

The Onion take on that corrupt, rancid pustule GQP poster boy.

But Target’s management has no duty to fill stores with objectionable goods,
let alone endorse or feature them in attention-grabbing displays at the behest of rad-
ical activists. However, Target management does have fiduciary duties to its share-
holders to prudently manage the company and act loyally in the company’s best
interests. Target’s board and its management may not lawfully dilute their fiduciary
duties to satisfy the Board’s (or left-wing activists’) desires to foist contentious social
or political agendas upon families and children at the expense of the company’s hard-
won good will and against its best interests.

Well, besides me noticing the gross denial of a supposed big conservative no-no of having government telling a private enterprise what to do…

My Ovaltine conservative decoder ring translates what the attorneys are saying here as: ‘Our bigoted interests need to be satisfied! Stop letting the “others” have freedoms!’