New WoW General Discussion Thread 6/8/10

Woo! Great run last night. After several weeks of wiping on Heroic LDW-25 (the guild had killed her back on Trollbane, but not again since transferring), we got her down easily after only a few attempts (and a couple of the wipes involved important people DCing). We knocked out eight bosses on Heroic before calling it for the night because of the time. I have a good feeling that H-PP is going down this week. :smiley:

It was also a great run for me personally. I was sitting on a nice stack of DKP since I hadn’t actually won anything yet that would have cost any, so I was able to pick up both the pieces that dropped that I wanted. So now I have my Heroic (277) T10 helm *and *a 277 chest. :smiley: Finally pushed my GS (serious business) over 6k, and (more importantly) my unbuffed HP is getting awfully close to 48k. (If you count my Mixology flask bonus, it’s probably there already.)

Holy shit yes. I can’t believe how long it took me to start using it. Note, too, that it’s highly tweakable (which I suggest doing). It’s even useful for DPS–you can see where your threat is at on all targets, which is insanely useful for AOE packs. It’s also a godsend in a fight like Rotface–last night, I missed the alert that told me I had the disease, but I could see the big red health bar above the little ooze that told me it was aggro’d on to me.

Check settings? Sounds like there’s some weird option set. Otherwise, reinstall. I never have that happen.

*Defense to cap (535 for Heroics, 540 for raids)
*Meta gem (Use the Austere Earthsiege: Stamina + Armor)
*Nightmare Tear in the non-blue slot with the best Stamina bonus (probably your other helm socket) to activate that meta
*Everything else Stamina

Anytime, Quas. :smiley:

Oh, the guild has killed her plenty of times. I just haven’t been in the raid for any of them. Unless we start on PP tonight, that’s where we’ll be headed, too.

Oh, sure, nothing to it! Just complete an achievement that the best guilds in the world are still hammering their heads against, that I can’t even begin to attempt until we down two more bosses on Heroic. :smiley:

Oh, I’m not as mercenary as all that. I just want a certain minimal level of progression. Because I’ve been in guilds with *very nice *people who just aren’t that dedicated to raiding, and it’s driven me completely fucking insane.

I’ve done something similar in ICC. After Deathwhisper, before Lootship, there’s some trash to clear where you have friendly NPCs helping. Like in Gundrak, these mobs are in combat before you reach them. One time, I wasn’t paying attention and thought everyone else was up there already. So I charged in, pulled a bunch of things, and promptly died. :smiley:

Dunno if the new thread will solve any of the problems, Quasi, but I hope you give it a shot!

Part of it is now the <Robot Death Panel> MOTD. :smiley:

The giant skeletons are the ones that spawn when someone breaks a trap. They shoudln’t *ever *be up at the same time as the other trash. The Servants should always be kept pointed away from the raid and interrupted as much as possible–the only people taking damage from them should be the tanks.

That’s awesome! I mean, *your *part of the mess. :stuck_out_tongue:

I take that as a *very *good sign about the new guild.

He hits harder with every stack of inhale. At three stacks, the tank should pop a CD, then another one when that wears off and/or an external CD. Heals need to be really heavy on top of the CDs.

Grats on both counts!

Special note to any Alchemists: This is the dungeon you need to run for Potion specialization.