News Editors: Please for the love of God stop with the missing white girl stories

To be fair, they’re reporting that she might have been killed by a serial killer.

PWG + SK = Gold, Jerry! Gold!

We’d be dead of alcohol poisoning in two weeks.

A few years ago I heard a comedian (I can’t remember who, I think it was either Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle but I am not sure) that made a comment about a kidnapped white girl hat was in the news at the same time a kidnapped black girl had escaped her captors by chewing through her ropes. He questioned why that story wasn’t given as much media attention, considering the black girl didn’t have to be rescued like the white girl. (I wish I remembered more or had a cite for this, sorry. But if anyone else knows about this story I’d appreciate hearing it)

Personally, I don’t see why things like this make national news. Sadly there are missing people of all races all of the time. Unless there are some fantastic circumstances why is one case more important than the other? Local news I understand, but national?

1. Breaking news: she’s dead.
  2. A snoring baby polar bear! Awwwww!
  3. Profit!

Is that the one?

You missing the real story which is that Barack Obama said that Hillary Clinton was “likable enough” and LOOKED DOWN. It’s the most decisive moment of the election. Was it brilliant political strategy, or did it backfire? Our analysts will break down every facial expression and nuance of the candidates while ignoring anything that looks like an issue.

Not only was she a cute white chick, but she was gonna have a baby!!!

( :rolleyes: Around here, people seem more concerned about what happened to the baby than what happened to the girl. Go figure.)

Well, I don’t watch CNN that much because I find their journalism to be overhyped overall. However, as a parent of 2 white girls, I can’t work up much outrage over this. Of course they should give as much attention to missing children of all colors.

When my internet stalker(s) eventually catch up with me and kill me (via crawling up fire escape) I am comforted to know that my case will be a source of moral outrage. As long as I am young and pretty my killer will get the death penalty (which is really more like 30 years of threats in California). However, I’m going to get to an age where I am no longer a tragic character unless I get pregnant. There should be a mathematical function that can predict when I need to get pregnant in order to keep me at my most sympathetic in the news.

Stay home and nurse the twins . I hear they’re hungry every 3 hours.

Logan’s Run technology, where are you when **lobstermobster ** needs you!

I think Brian Unger had a piece on the need for a cable channel “WWWA” Where the White Women At. Great stuff.

Young Pretty White Girls: Is there any trouble they can’t get in?

If they want more eyeballs to be on the lookout for a Young Missing Pretty White Girl, they should probably post bikini shots of Young Missing Pretty White Girl all over the news. Then they can have a Young Missing Pretty White Girl swimsuit calender. Then PROFIT!

Whatever it is, it certainly doesn’t include CNN.

I don’t know any more about the story, but here’s Dave Chappelle’s take:

(extreme language warning)

Thanks Slacker.

At least we aren’t bombarded by who killed Jon Benet stories anymore.

“I’m a single white female, so I have to be careful”.

The above was told to me last night while eating dinner with a coworker. And she has said it before, whenever the conversation turns to crime.

She sincerely thinks that she’s in extra danger because of who she is. As this is not born out by the statistics, I can only blame the media. I just wish she would shut the hell up about it. What am I supposed to say to her? “You shole is right, Missy Ann. All the niggers 'round here wanna rape and kill you cuz you’s so special and purty, yes indeedy. Meanwhile, my ugly ass can roam the streets with nary a worry! I’s so lucky!”

Oh, do it! Do it! And then come tell us what happened next. :smiley:

I agree with Eddy. Say it. I said something similar to a person that figured I had to know the newest NCO to be assigned here 'cuz we’re both black. The look on this persons face was priceless.

I usually have no patience for the MPWG stories, but this story is about a woman in the Marine Corps who apparently was raped by her superior, harassed and threatened so much on base that she had to stay with a friend, and was finally murdered by her rapist to keep her from pressing charges. In what possible universe would this not be fucking news?

When it broke as “missing pretty white girl” news, the rape by the superior was not known to the media, public, or even her mom. From the coverage I saw, it sounded like “missing pretty white girl couldn’t handle her pregnancy + marine life and her mom says she’s kinda crazy anyway.”

Whoa, criminals can tell from a distance if you’re married? Wow!

My sister-in-law asked my husband (her brother) to drive her to Chicago’s “public health” (read: lotsa poor people there) hospital to see another of our inlaws who was there. She said she didn’t want to drive because she’s a rich white suburban woman who drives a Lexus and thus a “target.” This hospital is clustered with a few other hospitals, all within a block of each other, and I was wondering what in the world she thought the doctors drove or looked like.