Heard this one on NPR the other day and I can’t think of anything else (new to me) I’d rather make next.
- cup of thick greek style yogurt
- minced or grated garlic (clove or two)
- finely chopped fresh dill
- salt flakes
Combine and let stand.
- soft poached egg, or two, per serving.
Timing is everything so make sure it’s still hot.
- half stick of butter
- couple of glugs of olive oil
- Turkish Aleppo pepper, tbl or so
Heat butter and oil, add dried Aleppo and allow time to infuse oil until it’s bright orange.
- grill or toast some bread
- Scoop yogurt sauce into bowls
- add the poached egg(s)
- sprinkle with salt flakes (smoked might be good!)
- drizzle infused hot oil over eggs
- dip/scoop/slather grilled bread and enjoy
I think this calls for a glass of something cold and sparkling.
So, what’s your next culinary first?