NFL 2021: Week Ocean's Eleven

[Moderating]

If you want to call someone a racist, the Pit is over thataway. Any further of that in this or its successor threads will receive a Warning.

According to PFF, the Bears rank #32 on receivers getting open on routes:

I’m not sure if this merits its own thread, so I’ll put it here:

The USFL will be “returning” next year, with a spring season of 10 games. They will be re-using eight of the original USFL’s franchise names and cities, but all games will be played at a to-be-announced central location.

Hmm. Will Trump be one of the owners on this go-around? After all, FOX Sports is the broadcast partner.

WGN TV here in Chicago has just reported that Bears head coach Matt Nagy’s final game with the Bears will be this Thursday, against the Lions. Nagy, however, has indicated that he has not been told this by the team.

The NY Giants have fired offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. The right move, albeit way too late.

I was always appalled by his use of Saquon Barkley - “we’ve got a guy who is incredible moving in open space? Let’s run him straight up the middle on 90% of his runs!”

[Giants fire offensive coordinator Jason Garrett as season spirals; assistant Freddie Kitchens expected to take over play-calling duties – New York Daily News]

It was his first start with a bunch of guys he’s never played with, and a playbook he’s had 10 days to learn. Given that, his efficiency in that game was amazing. I don’t think he’s going to be more than a good QB going forward, but I can see why people got excited.

The Titans cut running back Adrian Peterson, three weeks after signing him in the wake of a season-ending injury to Derrick Henry

Peterson, who is 36, played in the Titans’ last three games, averaging 3.0 yards on 27 carries as he split time with several other running backs.

To me, for a RB at age 36 to really do anything is impressive. 3 YPA isn’t very good but still, most RBs are done around age 30. Off the field I’m far from a fan of AP but I gotta give him some respect for being able to still be at least mediocre at that age.

I went to this page and did a check on all rushers who had at least 10 attempts (why 10? It sounded good) and found that his 3.04 YPA put him at 86 out of 96. So it’s bad, but then I look at Rashaad Penny who the Seahawks spent a 1st round pick on a few years ago, and Penny is at 93. :frowning:

It’s also one ahead of David Johnson, who not long ago was a star in the making in Arizona.

That says a lot for the guy’s longevity.

True enough, but only out of 3 games. For longevity, Frank Gore almost certainly has him beat. He only missed only one game last season at age 37 on IR (the 16th) and averaged 3.5 YPA for the season on an otherwise lousy Jets team with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

If the Titans were looking at a RB north of 35 years old, I’m surprised they didn’t give him a call. He’s basically done, but he’s at the same level of retirement as AP and probably a better RB at this point, not to mention a real asset in the locker room.

Frank Gore is awesome, no doubt about that.

I couldn’t find a week 12 thread, so I made one: NFL Week 12 Thread