NFL 2026 Offseason Thread

The NFLPA handles agent info, and they updated their database to show he has no agent.

And his outstanding warrant is for “misdemeanor exhibition of speed,” NOT for DUI.

We can accurately call him an idiot without exaggerating his misdeeds.

my bad. thanks for correction

Here is a cite for the warrant:

County prosecutors allege Aiyuk committed misdemeanor exhibition of speed on or about Dec. 20, 2025. The complaint was executed on Feb. 11 and filed on Feb. 24, per court documents.

It should be noted that he filmed himself speeding and uploaded it, which led to the warrant. Probably not a great idea to advertise how you broke the law, and give all the evidence needed voluntarily, but I’m sure it makes things easier for prosecutors.

The NFL has indefinitely suspended Ryan Gold, the Cardinals’ director of college scouting, for violating the league’s gambling policies:

[soapbox]
I’m not a fan of gambling anyway, but the facts that sports gambling has been legalized in many states, and that the NFL, and the other major sports, have gotten completely in bed with the sports wagering companies, are just going to lead to more and more of this, as the league’s anti-gambling stance has become utterly hypocritical.
[/soapbox]

I’m not a fan either, and I never gamble (never even bought a lottery ticket). I’m also sick of seeing ads for gambling sites all over NFL games.

But, I don’t see hypocrisy in supporting and advertising gambling, but taking a hard stance against cheating.

To me, the hypocrisy is in that the NFL now rakes in a large amount of money from the sports books being “official sponsors” of the league. YMMV, of course.

If players weren’t allowed to be spokespeople for gambling organizations I’d agree. But I don’t see the hypocrisy. What is that sponsorship contradicting?

Again, I don’t like it, I just don’t see the hypocrisy. I don’t like it because I see it as promoting destructive behavior, taking advantage of fans, and causing a distraction in games. And sports should be about the competition, not gambling on the competition.

But hypocritical? At one time it might have been, except that they’re pretty consistent in accepting the idea of gambling; once the idea of having a team in Vegas was shot down because of the league wanting to distance itself from gambling. But once they changed their stance and embraced it, they’ve been pretty consistent in that acceptance. (They just don’t accept cheating, which seems like a good thing, and necessary.)

AIUI, active players are NOT allowed to be spokespeople or make paid promotional appearances which directly promote sports gambling. (They apparently can now be “brand ambassadors” for MGM Resorts, but cannot directly endorse sports wagering.)

But, regardless of whether the league is “hypocritical,” it has struck me, for a number of years now, that the NFL is shameless in trying to squeeze every dollar out of its fan base; the league getting into bed with the sportsbooks is yet another example of this. Pro football is immensely popular, but I believe that that appetite is not limitless, and sooner or later, the league will be in danger of killing the goose which has laid many golden eggs.

I agree with you 100%.

Typically players have free use of official sponsor merchandise. Like if Gatorade were an official sponsor they could drink all the Gatorade they want, there’d be stockpiles in the locker room, etc…

Sports books are official sponsors but players aren’t allowed to use them anywhere on site. It’s clearly different than other sponsorships.

As a Niner fan I have been watching this somewhat closely. I think the main reason Aiyuk is doing this is Pride. He has isolated himself from anyone who could give him advice so now he is only relying on his own (terrible) judgment. He doesn’t want to look like he is crawling back to the team even if it would be the smart thing to do as it is only in the teams interest for him to stay away. They aren’t going to release him until they force them too and then they will sue him for part of his signing bonus.

Five-time All Pro wide receiver Tyreek Hill, who suffered a major knee injury early last season, while playing for the Dolphins, reports that, 10 months later, he is still rehabbing, but at this point, has “no power” in his surgically-repaired left leg.

Hill is a free agent, having been released by Miami after last season. He’s now 32, and in addition to the injury, has had frequent run-ins with the law.

From the article:

Hill, 32, said that he was told he “might not be able to walk again” after the injury but that he now feels good 10 months removed from a pair of surgeries. He was doing a variety of exercises in the video, including some short running, which he said he wasn’t supposed to be doing “but I like to challenge myself a little bit.”

So it sounds like he can walk his routes. Is that good enough?

“I ain’t going to tell you what my timeline is, but timeline looking real good right now, man,” Hill said.

Preseason is a month away and he “isn’t supposed to be doing short runs”. Sounds real good.

Well, at least he isn’t following his rehab plan. That’s gotta help, right?

Hill has always struck me as maybe not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

All it takes is for his QB’s offensive line to hold for… 30? 40? seconds. That’s it.

We can have the novelty of watching a CB show concern for a WR he’s covering in the middle of a play.

Diego Pavia, the Vanderbilt QB who had finished second in Heisman voting, won the Unitas Award, and was a first-team All-American last year, but who went undrafted due to his age, height, and off-field concerns, was released today by the Ravens.

The Ravens had signed Pavia as an undrafted free agent in April, but released him in order to make room on their roster for signing veteran center Ethan Pocic.

A very sad turn of events, though tragically, not uncommon.

As the ESPN article on his death notes: