NFL rumors: Hey we do not Want Moss!

Well, as a shareholder of Green Bay Packers, Inc. I’d have to say your generalization doesn’t apply to all football fans. :stuck_out_tongue:

Somehow the word “WOULD HAVE BEEN” doesn’t translate to “IS.” It doesn’t matter what he would have been. He wasn’t a free agent when they traded him. You obviously can’t trade someone who IS a free agent.

No, only rubes who believe the soap opera storylines by the hackneyed sports commentators hate Randy, because they’re supposed to. Most intelligent adults realize they don’t know him, and have no basis for an emotional relationship at all. I mean, to hate him as a person (you’re perfectly entitled to hate him as a dancer).

And perhaps I have to make it clear what a completely illogical post this is.

Me: You can’t trade someone who is a free agent.

You: Perhaps you weren’t paying attention when someone who wasn’t a free agent was traded.

In logical terms:

Me: A, therefor not B.

You: But in one case, ~A was B!

Okay, fine. You win, cricetus. And allow me to be the first to apologize on behalf of whoever it was who pissed in your Cheerios this morning.

Are you related to him somehow? Why so defensive? If he is traded, say to the Bears or Lions, will you be back here in September to keep singing his praises? Or is his awe-inspiring, title-failing talent only worthy when wearing purple?

You will have a hard time finding a post by me praising Moss. I don’t give a shit if he’s traded or not, either. I do have a thing about, you know, the truth (isn’t that the mission of the SDMB?) which motivates me to (a) remind people that their speculations are based on baseless rumors, and (b) clarify issues of logical confusion.

Oh, and © chastise people who are quick to form opinions based on a few spoonfulls of media-manufactured pablum. Critical thought is good for you!

Dude, you’re in the Pit. Unless I’m mistaken the standard SDMB rules don’t apply here. I’ve seen a lot of smack thrown from you, but discussing a rumor of Moss being traded suddenly offends your delicate sensibilities? :dubious:

I think his lack of a work ethic makes him a cancer - come on - I watch Vike games too and I see him WALKING his routes - wtf?! You mean to say his team mates can’t see this - I can see his lack of effort - I’ve seen it in real life! Hey defense - I’m not getting the ball, so I’ll just be saving my energy.

I actually thought the mooning was funny, but that’s not why he’s a cancer.

That was pre-NFL and he didn’t do it in the end-zone (which, if things keep going where they are going, someone will. I hope it’s in Minn.)

Randy started a lot of this nice guy stuff as a way of digging himself out of his PR hole, which he seems very determined to dig himself back into…

To roughly quote Chris Rock, “He’s not supposed to beat his wife, sell dope, or stab anyone.” I hope the Vikes keep him forever as his best days are behind him - they are never going anywhere until they get some discipline - and with obnoxious nincompoops that only show up “When they feel like it” they ain’t going anywhere.

The worst thing to happen to Moss was sharing a team with Chris Carter - the worlds biggest cry-baby loudmouth - it shows.

My, my, aren’t you just the cutest little pedantic asshole. Yes you are! Yes you are!

he was just saying that the rumor is unfounded, and so is Moss’ media reputation for that matter.

Moss is probably not tradable because his value is too high. It would take at least two quality starters and a top ten draft pick just to merit a phone call. No one wants to get burned on another Hershel Walker trade. It isn’t going to happen.

He was drafted in April of 2002 and laundrybasketpoopgate occured in July of 2002. So techically, he had not played a real NFL game yet, but it wasn’t “pre-NFL”.
And poop is funny.

I don’t understand why you’re getting so worked up, cricetus. It’s not like the Vikings are going to hold a press conference and say “It’s the 2005 Moss clearance event. No reasonable offers will be refused. No first-rounder, no defensive stud, no problem! Moss must go!” The rumors out there are standard fare – somebody in the organization said they’d certainly discuss moving him, and the rest of us speculate who could get him and why. What’s the big deal? (I realize those are reduntant sources).

Also, Diogenes, I think you’re overestimating Moss’ trade value. He’s going to be 28, he’s been hurt, and he’s got huge cap numbers that take him beyond his prime. And that’s in addition to the character issues; whether you think they’re a big deal or not, some do, and that drives down his value. I think that if the Vikings were offered, say, two firsts, or a first plus a decent DB or an end, or a similar package, they’d take it.

yes, one rumor I heard was Charles Woodson + a first rounder from the Raiders.

I think Minny would at least consider that.

I heard Philip Buchanon instead of Woodson.

The best argument for him going to the Cards is in the final 3rd of this article by Bob Sansevere of the St Paul Pioneer Press.

He mentions a trade of Michael Bennet and Moss for (def) Bert Berry, Adrian Wilson, Darnell Dockette and (off) Anquan Boldin. Plus a pick. Denny loves offense so I could see him being interested in this. Also, the Vikes have Smith and Moore for the running game, and getting Boldin matched up with Burelson wouldn’t be a bad move.
But I still think it’s going to be Baltimore. Hell, if the Ravens can find a halfway decent QB (Frerotten) to pair up with Moss, even Ray Lewis may not be so safe in his job.

No way I’d do this if I was AZ.

I’d have to say Ray Lewis is no longer the “untouchable” one on the Ravens. For my money, it’s Ed Reed.

Raven fans?

The rules of discourse may change in the pit, but the rules of epistemology do not.