NFL rumors: Hey we do not Want Moss!

C’mon DtC, be fair. Sure he was arrested for murder, but he had his day in court and all he was convicted of was making a false report. People can be arrested for anything, it’s what heppenes when they get their fair trials that counts.

I didn’t say he had been convicted, just arrested. My point was not that Ray Lewis was a murderer but that he has had character questions that far exceed anything Moss has done.

Also, the Bills desperately need a tight end. Bledsoe needs his Ben Coates, don’t you know. The current thought is that Henry could go to Miami, but the Billies want a 2nd which the Dolphins don’t have. I think the best deal would be Henry to the Phins for a 3rd plus McMichael. (He’s the TE, right?)

My buddy who’s a Bills fan doesn’t want to see that only because he doesn’t want Travis running wild against his team twice every year, but if you toss in the TE, he’d go for it.

Cite me one source from the Vikings organization talking about trading Moss, or stop speculating about where he’ll be traded. I’ve only seen dumb reporters speculate that the Vikings will trade him, based on their own dumb manufactured caricature of Moss as NFL bad boy.

No. In GQ I will provide cites. In the Pit, speculation is fair, even when you don’t care for it. After all, part of this board is social, and people here are simply socializing. This is harming no one.

Fine. Speculate all you want. There’s not an icon appropriate for this, “Go ahead and talk BS, and sorry for spoiling your fun by suggesting your speculations should be even mildly based on reality.”

No, wait. Here we go:

:rolleyes:

Again, sorry for reminding you that the rumors are rubbish. Do have fun deciding which team Moss will be traded to. Then you can move on to discuss where Peyton Manning will be playing. Will he be playing for the new Omaha expansion team? Hmmm. Food for thought, in the Pit, where reality-based has not more meaning than it does in the Bush whitehouse.

:smiley:

You do realize that Moss is a free agent, as opposed to being under contract, with a huge cap number for the Vikes if he stays, a fact that makes all of this speculation valid, don’t you?

Well, you don’t trade a free agent, Dave. Free agents, are, you know, FREE, and all that. What’s more, Moss signed an 8-year contract with the Vikings in 2001, which, well, do the math.

The Vikings organization has said they won’t trade him. Those speculations are created by the media, based on their own narratives created about Moss, done to keep him and his character in the news, and like all fake news make me grind my teeth in annoyance.

I haven’t seen anything but reporters talking about a trade. Until I hear something from the Vikings, I will assume Moss will remain a Viking.

Where did you get the idea that Moss is a free agent? He’s got four years left on an eight year contract.

Note even in the realm of possible…We’re going to have to be pinching pennies all over the place just to re-ink Plaxico to a new deal…We simply cannot afford Moss.

I think this would be a good move for Arizona. Henry is obviously yesterdays news in Buffalo but he can still be a quality piece in the right offensive scheme. It’s a buyers market for RBs this offfseaon, Arizona may even be able to swing it for a third rounder.

And I’ll put a sawbuck down that says Moss doesn’t get traded anywhere. Oakland and Baltimore make the most sense (have the need and have the $ to spend) but I think he’ll be in purple next year.

True, true. But even if the money were there, I just don’t see Cower as the type of coach who would put up with Moss’ nonsense.

Yeah, every 8 years or so he celebrates a touchdown. You don’t want someone like that on your team.

Agree 100%.

I got him confused with Mohommad from Carolina.

Well, then. Where did you get the idea that a team can trade a free agent? Do you know what free agency is?

Perhaps you didn’t pay attention to what Washington did last year with Champ Bailey. He would’ve been a free agent, but they named him the franchise player. Then they traded him to Denver.

Which is exactly what I thoght from listening to some yabo on the radio. That’s why I was thinking about high cap numbers. shrug I was wrong about football. Big deal.

Everybody hates Randy.

Until he’s on your team. Then, you put up with his foibles, because let’s face it. He’s that good.