NFL Week 11

Plus he’s bilked the Giants into paying premium money for barely adequate QB play. But I would officially give up on the HoF if they put Eli in there.

I don’t think he’s worried about injury. He’s never missed a game due to injury – though he did severely separate his throwing shoulder during a season once, and also played through plantar fasciitis – and his OL is vastly improved with the addition of Jamon Brown a couple weeks ago.

I mean, today he went 17 of 18 (94%) for 231 yards, 2 TD, 0 Ints, for a passer rating of 155.79. Kind of hard to want to retire after a game like that. (In fairness to your point, though, he did get sacked 4 times.)

Ugly start for the Chiefs. Something like 7 penalties in the first quarter already. They’re way too undisciplined for such a big game.

A fairly entertaining first half of MNF.

Exciting game, but I couldn’t imagine trying to watch it in real time. 192 penalties later and I am ever thankful for watching on DVR. Now to wait an hour before starting up the second half so I can be sure and FFWD through the endless stoppages.

If this is the future of the NFL, then I vote Yes!!!
Crazy fun game.

Well this is a classic.

Holy crap.

Bad clock management and it isn’t Reid?

Nice work by the Rams D, tops in fantasy this week. So what if KC scored 51? :slight_smile:

NFL is turning into the NBA, nice.

4 defensive scores.

That game was insane.

Having missed the first half for choir practice, and knowing I’m biased - how bad was the refereeing? What I assume is mostly Chiefs fans are having a blast with the Twitter hashtag #AllStarRefs, and there was a badly blown illegal motion call (that possibly led to Goff’s rushing TD?) - but beyond that, did the All-Stars have a bad day?

It does seem a bad plan to break up a team - I assume that people who work games together regularly get into a rhythm with each other that leads to a better outcome. Adding new people (even if supposed All Stars) seems unlikely to result in a good outcome.

Question: were the Chiefs’ 51 points the highest losing score ever in the NFL? (I’m gonna guess Yes.)

I know neither the winning score nor the total points sets a record: Redskins 72, Giants 41, 11/27/1966, had been the record for total points for many years, and I’m guessing it still is. (The Redskins’ 72 points wasn’t the record for most points in a game by one team, even then.)

It looks like it, based on this list of highest scoring NFL games on Wikipedia. Two teams scored 49 in a loss, and three scored 48.

I heard somewhere that it was the first game in history where both teams had 50+, which would mean yes, highest losing score ever.

There were some bad calls but most games have some bad calls. I don’t think it was that much worse than usual.

Very late new thread