NFL Week 11

What

Yeah, I just saw that on my ESPN app. For those who haven’t clicked on the link: the Browns have acknowledged an interest in interviewing Condoleezza Rice for their head coaching job.

She couldn’t do worse than Hue Jackson last season.

The first half of Bortles v. Roethlisberger is some of worse quarterbacking I’ve ever seen. And I lived through Dickey and Hundley.

Denial of Rice thing

I think this may have been some sort of bye week trolling by John Dorsey to entertain himself.

The idea of of Fat Ben eating it is quite appealing to me, except that he’s my starting fantasy QB. At half-time, he’s netted me a grand total of -1.35 points.

Bullshit calls saves Rapelisberger from yet another int.

Disastrous day for Alex Smith.

Washington just had their first lead change of the season, which is a crazy stat.

I don’t understand the rule well enough to have an opinion on whether it was a bullshit call. You cannot land with your weight on the QB? What in the hell does that mean? If you tackle someone, are you always going to land on them with your weight? Is he supposed to hover?

As the announcers pointed out, a subsequent play was almost identical to that play, but no penalty was called. These player safety rules have not only gone too far, but they are not capable of fair application.

For those who haven’t seen (or don’t want to see), Smith suffered a fairly gruesome ankle injury.

And, apparently, it’s 33 years to the day after Joe Theismann’s frightening broken leg.

Yup, that’s pretty much the rule. And, you’re right, it’s a ridiculous rule. Clay Matthews got slapped with one of those early in the season, which may have cost the Packers a win.

May have? It DID cost the Packers a win.

Colt McCoy looked pretty good in relief. Smith may have to fight for his job, if and when he returns

I wouldn’t be shocked if he retires after this.

Reports are that he broke both his tibia and fibula, and has already had emergency surgery on his leg. It does sound pretty dire. :frowning:

For the last 6 weeks or so, Saints are playing more dominantly than even their Super Bowl season. Continuing today. Ouch to Eagles fans.

He consistently starts each game looking like a total fantasy bust then pours it on in the second half. For example, after that -1.35 first half, he finished the day earning my fantasy team 22.80. That kind of day is not unusual for him at all.

I now know why the raiders are getting all those draft picks …….grudens going to force everyone whom was there before him out intentionally or not and eventually have a hand picked team loyal to him and his thinking

especially after this report MSN

If there’s any player in the league who ought to pull a Vontae Davis, it’d be Eli Manning. He’s already won two Super Bowls, made many millions of dollars, is headed to the Hall of Fame, has played in 14 seasons, and the Giants are going nowhere near the playoffs anytime soon. He’s risking needless injury on every snap.