NFL Week 17

Broncos get the top seed? What the hell?

I still don’t think they are good enough to go to the SB. I see them losing to whoever comes out the 1st round

KC, Pitt, or Cincy

Washington has been great against sub-.500 teams. The problem is that the playoffs don’t allow them to play to that strength.

They should be good enough to beat the overrated packers

Well, it was epic for one team and there was another ass kicking, so you kind of got your wish! :slight_smile:

It would not surprise me to see the Bengals and Packers lose this weekend

The Broncos can’t play the Bengals in the divisional round. They would play the lowest remaining seed, and the Bengals are the #3 seed so they can’t be the lowest. The Broncos will play either the Chiefs, Steelers, or Texans.

Chiefs or Steelers can beat Denver

Surprised me to see that the Colts kept Pagano.

I heard that

Rather surprised me too. What was the headline? “After Pagano-Grigson meeting, Irsay opted for ‘continuity’”? Why would you want to continue the trend of 2015?

Well, I’ll leave it to smarter and more interested fans to do the post-mortem on Indianapolis’ season, but my gut feeling is that Indy’s problems were mostly key injuries, plus personality issues in the front office. Which (maybe) they’ve worked out. In this is so, giving Pagano another season or two makes sense.

Lovie Smith finally got fired

I think it’s also a matter of looking around and seeing that no one available who s an improvement over Pagano. Assuming they don’t want to court Chip Kelly and Sean Payton isn’t leaving, who are you going to hire? Mike Pettine? Some marginally successul OC like Gase? Hard to imagine how any of those people represent a likely surge next year.

How was Gase successful and the Bears won only 6 games?

Chicago’s offense was better than last year with mostly the same personnel and more injuries. That’s not a bad performance (“marginally successful” is certainly a fair term) for a first-year offensive coordinator.