NFL Week 3

I’ll eat my hat.

The Eagles showed on Sunday why they are a true contender in the NFC, and in the NFL in general. They may have lost to Dallas, but they made it a close game, on the road, showing that their offense can hang with anyone. This last Sunday, with both Westbrook and McNabb getting hurt (surprise, surprise), the Eagles brought out a suffocating D.

The Steelers were emerging as a potential AFC powerhouse, but their potent offense got completely, disgustingly, shut down. 9 sacks, an INT, a safety, and 6 total points. Even without Westbrook, and an ailing McNabb, the Eagles prevailed. Once again, this team is a top tier WR away from real success.

Anyone catching this Dwight Lowery fellow on the Jets? 4th Round rookie CB, been starting so far due to injury, and keeps making obviously good plays. Now, it’s hard to scout DBs on television because they’re so rarely on the screen, but just from what I’ve seen so far he looks like a steal.

Yeah, I’ve been impressed. He and Revis could develop into an excellent tandem.

I find dalej’s overconfidence in the Cardinals as amusing as anyone, but you might want to start browsing this site. This is exactly the type of trap game that could cost the Cowboys a potentially perfect record.
Naturally, I’ll be cheering my ass off for the Cardinals that week

Cool website. It’s amazing what people come up with.

I thought trap games were usually games against bad teams sandwiched between games against good teams. The ARZ game is a game against a decent team sandwiched between lesser teams (Cin & StL).

However, I can see if Dallas wins fairly handily against Was and Cin, they might get cocky and lose just enough focus against ARZ to blow it. I’m hoping Dallas is mature and hungry enough this year to avoid traps.

If Dallas does indeed lose to ARZ, I can at least look forward to a delicious mouth watering hat.

The only thing I can say about this last weekend is that it was the first Sunday in a long time that it was fun to be a fan of the Miami Dolphins. Even as a fan I didn’t give us much of chance against the Patriots and just shook my head at the trash talk of Joey Porter. Even at half time I had doubts, I thought the Patriots would make an adjustment to deal with our new formation. I was so excited that they never seemed to find an answer for it. I’m also happy to see creativity in my team’s play calling which will give teams more to prepare for when we play them.

Finally, living in Orlando, I was happy that the Jaguars were on later in the day so that I could actually watch the Pats Dolphins game. No matter what happens in the rest of the season I can at least be happy that I saw my Dolphins end the Patriots regular season winning streak.

As a Bills fan, I must say that I was cheering like crazy, so much that I didn’t even really mind that Ronnie Brown was sitting on my fantasy team’s bench. That game was entirely too fun to watch. I loved the Arkansas offense and how stymied the vaunted Patriots coaching staff was trying to deal with it.

My Bills play the Rams and Cardinals in the next two weeks, then go into the bye. I think this team has a good shot at being 5-0, which frightens me immensely.

I’ve got to admit as a Dolphins fan I rarely enjoy it when any other AFC East team is doing well but I’ve been so sick of the Patriots that I do get some pleasure seeing any other AFC East team at the top of the division and hope it stays that way at least for this season.

As a Bucs fan, I’d just like to thank Peanut Tillman for giving up that personal foul in overtime and letting us with the Bears game.

I’d also like to go on record as the guy that wants Lane Kiffin as the Bucs’ offensive coordinator when he gets fired. Gruden couldn’t build a running game if Barry Sanders and the Chiefs’ '01-'05 offensive line were dropped in his lap.

Of course he can’t. He doesn’t even want to, what with his devotion to the “short passing is the new running!” west coast offense pussy shit.

Sure, take him. With that teamup I would start watching Bucs games online. I like Kiffin’s offensive game, and Gruden is one of my favorite coaches in the league. Between the two of them they could probably make the Bucs offense unstoppable.

As long as Kiffin doesn’t go to Denver I will be happy. Stupid Al Davis.

He’s tried to- witness the first three games of Cadillac’s career.

Sounds like Matt Millen has finally been fired by the Lions. No cite yet, but the radio stations are reporting it. It’s about damn time.

I am from Detroit. The season is over. Now it is hockey time. No reason for a football thread so late in the year.

:smack: