NFL Week 7

I may be understating it a bit, but Aaron Rodgers is not having a good game. Two picks in the red zone won’t get it done.

I also find it … odd … that the NFL “game highlights” don’t have the Quarless touchdown, Shiancoe’s trap, Walker’s mugging or Moss’ pushoff up yet.

As an impartial observer, I feel like the refs are screwing Minnesota every chance they get.

The close calls are certainly going the Packers way.

Farve doth imitate the action of Jay Cutler.

I’m very (surprisingly) impressed by the play calling by the Vikings (and to a lesser amount the Packers) this game. Harvin’s TD run, the 3rd and 1 long pass to Harvin, Harvin’s right end run (which wasn’t a late hit by Collins by the way), the Vikings have done a great job of writing up good plays, and calling them at the right time.

And the Packers fake field goal and going for it on 4th and 1 were gutsy calls too.

And the “we’re waiting for the 2 minute warning … umm No we’re not!”

Well, the officials took over and bailed the Packers out on that one, like they always do. Too bad, It would be nice to see them have to play a game on the level for once. What bullshit. There was a 14 point swing on those two bad calls on touchdowns alone. The Vikings won this game going away. The Packers are shit.

I thought that kick (at the end of NE-SD) got tipped very slightly by a Patriot, but I’m not sure.

Oh, waaaah. You’d be complaining if every single call had gone the Vikings’ way. The Packers were clearly the better team.

The Packers sucked ass. everything they got was because we handed it to them (or because the zebras did). If you want to crown them, crown their ass, but they were what we thought they were and we let them off the hook.

No idea, but I can only imagine the shitstorm that’s going to hit the Denver media tomorrow morning. Or may have already - I don’t watch/listen to local news, just read the Denver Post. I have a strong feeling that Josh “Jr. Belichick” McDaniels might be close to hanging up his ratty cut-off sweatshirt and heading off to other sidelines. If he takes Tim “Mr. Perfect” Tebow with him, it’ll be a happy day.

I must mildly disagree with this, somewhat, and reluctantly, since it puts me in agreement to a certain extent with Dio.

And OF COURSE, the one weekend I am away from home in the morning and don’t get back in town until the second game is the weekend that my beloved Panthers finally fucking win a fucking game, and I have to be content with the highlights on Redzone and recaps during the rest of the coverage. FUCK.

I just watched one of my first Football games (Patriots-Chargers) due to having ESPN America for a couple of weeks - I’m from Europe you see - and I was wondering whether it was normal for proffesionals to mistakes like the chargers did today. Especially the two (!!) times they dropped the ball - once after a ctach and once after an incomplete pass - and didn’t know the rules and let the patriots defense pick it up and take off.

Also, do these guys get fined for, let’s see, not knowing the rules of a game you are playing proffesionally!! Same question about the guy who makes a stupid holding foul on the last play which makes a long field goal attempt even longer.

I feel really sorry for most of the San Diago team (especially defense), because they seemed very much the better team.

Oh, the shitstorm is there in the Denver Post. And I’ve never understood the hiring of all these New England assistant coaches. Not one has worked out anywhere in the league. Or out of it–just look at Charlie Weis at Norte Dame once he had to actually recruit.

It was definitely an unusual game. The type of plays you see like that where everyone thinks the play is over but it isn’t occur maybe twice a season. So to have two of them in one game is very very unusual.

Funny that everyone seems to agree that was a TD by Shiancoe. Both my husband and I were absolutely certain that catch would be overturned. Same thing in the Calvin Johnson catch in Week One. If the ball hits the ground first and bounces, it’s not a catch, no matter how firmly it is in the player’s arms when all is said and done. I don’t like the rule, but it was a proper application of it.

Schiancoe’s ball did not hit the ground.

Incidentally, I don’t know where the hell the Browns punter Hodges has come from, but the dude has some pretty awesome reverse english shit he puts on the ball. He’s hit his punts within the opponents 5 yard line and just had the ball stop dead several times now. He’s leading the NFL in punts inside the 20. And he just ripped off a 68 yard fake punt run - I wonder if that’s the longest in NFL history, since you don’t often have the chance/balls to call a fake punt from within your own 30 (in this case, he started around the 10).

It’s too bad the cleveland return units are mediocre this year (I’m not sure if Cribbs is hurt or what, but he’s hesistant in a way that he never was before) because the kick coverage units have been elite. Cleveland stomped the shit out of the rest of the league in ST DVOA last year but the return game is really lacking this year.

Edit: Wait, are you saying the ball never physically touched the ground, or that he was in control of it anyway? It seemed pretty clear that it made contact with the ground. I could see making the case that he had control of it when it did.

He had his arms underneath it. The rules state that it’s ok for the ball to make contact with the ground if the receiver’s arms are under the ball. I don’t think Shank’s ball even made contact, though. That was a touchdown, pure and simple.

Btw, did anyone see the Saints player (I think it was Robi) take out the guy on the chain gang? He wrecked him so hard he was bleeding from the eyes. The strange part about it is that he had plenty of time to get out of the way but didn’t. Seemed like he might’ve almost hit the ref on purpose. Guy had to be taken out on a backboard.

It was on a punt return where Robi was gunning, got knocked out of boards about 5-8 yards from the official, and then turned the burners on and ran right at the guy, making no effort to avoid him. There was nothing in his way so that he couldn’t see the official, just ran right over him…

Edit: Found a video

Yeah, the dude even lifts his arms up before the hit to jack the ref up. WTF is that?