NHL Playoffs 2022

This is truly embarrassing for the Lightening. No other way to put it, one of the worst Cup finals games I’ve ever seen.

This reminds me of the '91 Finals, when the Penguins blanked the North Stars 8-0 in the final game. Yeesh, what a thwacking.

Was watching Game 3 and they posted a stat that no team has come back from a 2-0 deficit to win the Stanley Cup. But I thought Boston did that in 2011, and a quick Google suggests that this has not happened often, but has happened five times.

Did they mean something else? Are they wrong? Am I missing something?

Almost put this in a more political-based thread.
This quite rankles me - I don’t want to see this anti-trans asshole hired.

OMG!!! This is worse.
(well actually no, it isn’t)

Just now found out Pierre McGuire will be working with the Sportsnet pundits.
This is a really, really shitty develpment, too. :slightly_frowning_face:

Huh. Odd.
I’ll go with - they’re wrong.

I think the actual comment was. . .no team has come back to win from being down 0-2 in the conference final (semi-finals), then come back to win in the Stanley Cup finals after being down 0-2.

While starting a right-handed goalie with red hair who was born in February.

I wonder where that turd had disappeared to. I was hoping it was off of the edge of humanity. :nauseated_face:

There’s been a lot of shocking news today but I’m definitely shocked that Trotz is turning down the Jets to spend more time with his family. Waiting for a better opportunity next season?

I’ve been wishing the Stars would go after Barrry Trotz. Maybe it’s still not too late; maybe he’d rather live in Dallas than Winnipeg.

Vasilevsky is the most intense-looking mofo just before each face-off. Close-ups right on the mask - psycho eyes. And Kucherov has the dead, soulless eyes of a sadistic sociopath, feeling nothing at seeing the brown paper wrapped-up dismembered remains of Barry Melrose in his chest feezer as he cooly (heh) closes it.

I have a newsletter…

It’s too late. The Stars hired Pete DeBoer.

Congratulations to the Colorado Avalanche for winnig the Cup. From the beginning of the season I think it was expected that they were to win it all.
I’m happiest for “Burnaby Joe” Sakic. Not his first cup, and I hope he gets more.
If only hockey was like that during the regular season - everyone finishing their checks, blocking shots like they had no goalie, waaaaay less sloppy and infuriating off-sides and icings, greasier :stuck_out_tongue: play - I almost wouldn’t care who was playing, just watching players basically skating a lot harder. Heh and probably more injuries.

Minor trivia for North American major sports. Both teams’ mascots were singular.