NHL Playoffs 2022

Haha! It’s the curse of Tavares.

RS, Islanders fan

I agree about the Stars future. I also think if Roope Hintz had been playing last night we would have won. Remember his speed, his short-handed goals? Actually I am happy for Calgary as they played great all season and we (Stars) were so up and down and unpredictable. However: it was a great game and I hope Oettinger doesn’t think the loss was his fault in any way. 64 saves on 67 shots; I can’t believe it!

Oh leave Pajama Boy alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cray - the play-offs’ top five point-getters are were Leafs. :grin:

Forgot to add: Oettinger’s performance last game was maybe the best I’ve ever seen from a goalie that still ended up losing that game.

I gotta ask, because I’m ignorant and haven’t seen it. Who put in a more impressive performance and ended up winning?

Guess I still haven’t woken up yet - I’m having trouble following - you’re asking about the 7th game yesterday between Cal/Dal? Or a different game?

Yeah, I’m asking who put in a better performance than Otter did in that game 7 and ended up winning. It seems to me that the performance he put on would almost imply it would have to be on the losing side, unless he was luckier than Otter last night. The goalie can’t score, after all.

But I remind you, I’m ignorant, and am willing to learn (and am happy to watch any old hockey vid).

Current HNIC analyst / Elliotte Freidman-hater :grin: Kelly Hrudey put on a game 7 performance of the ages back in '87 in a Patrick Divison semi-final when he backed the Islanders to a win over the Capitals in the fourth overtime, with the game finshing around 2 am. He stopped 73 of 75 shots for a .973 save percentage, standing on his head at points, but by second overtime, I nodded off, and had to see some of his later on saves in highlights the next day. I feel almost exhausted just imagining the Herculean undertaking.

Heh, hope this answered what you were looking for; open to modifying answer further if needed.

Yes, that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thankya! :smiley:

Congratulations to the Blues for not being embarrassed by the Avs. I think that may change once the Avs shake off the rust.

The Battle Of Alberta is not disappointing at all. Great hockey so far. Amazing thing is that the Flames have given up 11 goals in the first two games after giving up 14 for the seven games against the Stars.

I heard some talking head say that it is likely impossible for these 2 teams to play a 2-1 game, too much offensive talent on both teams. Given the rivalry, a 2-1 game in this series would be fantastic. I’m hoping for 7 games.

Wow, Bowness fails to take the Stars past the first round this year, and steps down. I really hadn’t placed any of the blame on him, so I’m surprised.

Apparently they were hoping he’d generate more offense and power play results, which they’ve kinda lacked since the Lindy Ruff era, ending in '17. Hell, that guy’s been around longer than almost anyone else in the league, and I wasn’t happy when he departed from the Canucks way back when. Under his three-year reign they were a top-ten team defensively, his 18 playoff wins rank fifth in the NHL, and great in the dressing-room.
Got to a Cup final, buit the TPTB wanted stronger play-off showings over this period.
Wonder what Jim Nill’ll do.

Oh and thanks for using one of my old bands in your sig! :yum:

This doesn’t look good for for the St Louis Blues, Binnington gets injured.

Surprised this is the first series sweep for Jon Cooper, especially considering he’s won two Cups, been to another final, and always, amazingly, commandeered winning teams, from the beginning (including being the only coach to win a championship in all three tiers of junior hockey in the US) (no NHL coach has surpassed his 426 wins after 700 games).

But ERRRR he just doesn’t look like a coach. :slightly_frowning_face:
He looks more like a politican or college administrator.

Just a funny little…

Perron’s sweet nothing of a fake chicken wing. What a dillweed.

Quite the mauling Kadri took earlier - don’t know if anyone saw the game.
And then this crap he’s had to deal with…

Glad to see him pot a hat-trick last night - just wish he wouldn’t cup his ear to the visiting crowd after scoring - I don’t care if it’s the play-offs. I think it’s classless whenever players do that - which is on the increase. Part of it could be his push-back to the online creepery he’s been getting, who knows, and of course the haters will feed off of that, too.

Blues coach Craig Berube, calling a timeout near the end of last game, absolutely lit into the players about to go back out again. I heard stories about him, and seeing him standing there, with one foot on the bench and the other on the boards, and just railing at his line on the ice…must be a nice person in the dressing-room.

Good that the next game is in Denver, where I hope the Avs wrap it up. Very strange seeing Makar making several mistakes last game. I was afraid the earth’s axis might get thrown off next.

The issue that I have with Kadri is that he is less effective, overall, when he is doing his stupid crap. He can be an excellent hockey player when he actually plays hockey, as demonstrated this season.

He has a reputation and it is well earned. He did not get pushed into Binnington, everyone saw that. I do think he had the chance to slow down and and decided not to because he knew he was going to collide with both Binnington and the defenceman.

I’m trying to remember the last time I saw someone get a 5 minute major (non fighting) penalty and not get a game misconduct.

Without any justification or logic, I’ll predict Colorado in five.

John Tortorella makes a return to coaching for the Flyers. I’m quite surprised, I thought he was done.

A very interesting person as shown in this tweet: