NHL - September 2018

Yuengling all the way, bitches.

:smack::p:smack::stuck_out_tongue: Here I was thinking - what, Yuengling, some Asian prospect?

There should be a new word for embarrassment brought on by googling.

I’m in DC this week and I’m noticing a lot of people wearing Capitals Stanley Cup T-shirts. I always considered DC to be a transient town so it’s nice to see fans supporting their local team even if they jumped on the bandwagon

wasn’t planning on it going that way, but I’ve managed to be at all three pre-season Wings games so far. Some musings:

• I don’t see Kronwall playing a full season. His knee is clearly bothering him more and more, and he’s not as sharp at the point.

• in all three games, you could tell you were watching players not used to playing with each other- and this was true for both teams. though I was surprised at how much ice time Kane and Toews had on Thursday, while Crosby didn’t play Weds. and Larkin didn’t skate yesterday.

• bright spot from yesterday is all of the scoring was from the new kids. Zadina, Cholowski, Saarijarvi, and Svechnikov.

• Givani Smith showed he can really hold his own in a fight, and has some offensive chops

• if Blashill wants a tougher team who is “hell” to play against, then hopefully guys like Sulak, McIlrath, and Smith make the cut. Sulak is a pretty tough defender who’s a good skater too, and McIlrath delivered a few punishing hits last night.

Hey everyone, check out the Flyers’ new mascot, Gritty!
(Where’s a vomitting smiley when you need one? Best reaction)

If the Senators pile up 55 points this season I’ll be kind of impressed in a sad way.

No team in major North American pro sports needs a new owner more.

If the Oilers continue their mediocre play in the first month management should fire the entire coaching staff.

I’ve always wanted the Flyers to have a mascot with a beard of Trumphair. Or resembling Vorachek’s backwoods cousin.
Here he falls down on not one but two occasions, in the top video, and the gif just underneath.

Aaaa just throw some skates on the Fanatic.

Nurse just got back from injury. The Oilers will REALLY need him this season. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets about 28 minutes per game this season. Lucic has to pick it up. Interesting to keep an eye on Puljujarvi and Yamamoto. I’d hold off to the new year and assess management then. Unless, I spose, if they have only a handful of wins by late Nov./early December.

And Tom Wilson strikes yet again, this time on Oscar Sundqvist. He’s going to have anin-person hearing on Wednesday.
Are the Caps ever going to stop defending this guy? Even Shero and Bylsma spoke publically about how unhappy they were with Matt Cooke and to his credit, he ended up making a change.

New thread started for October.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=863231