NHL Stats question

As an Islanders fan, I have to find stats that make them look good, since they never seem to have any actual scorers on the team.

Does anyone keep track of most goals scored by defensemen? Is there a stat that ranks teams by most even scoring (least concentrated scoring? Something like that).

Teams like the Oilers have a couple of dominant players, and then it must really drop off given their lack of success. Same with the Rangers and Toronto – some really marquee names that lead the scoring stats, but an overall record and goals number that isn’t much better (or is worse) than the Isles.

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking for but I Googled for 5 on 5 stats and a couple of results may have what you are looking for:

Money Puck or maybe
Natural Stat Trick

Yeah, take a look at that Money Puck page – other than assists (where Barzal is tied for first), Islanders players are way down the list for points or goals compared to other teams who may have multiple players before the first Islander. And, yet, the Isles still have a healthy goal number and are in second place in their division.

They must score highly on “everyone scores”, but I’m not sure how to search for that.

I don’t know of any such stat for that, however you are more likely to find it in advanced stats and not what you find at NHL.com or ESPN.