Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist -Why do I hate this?

No, that’s true. That’s how it goes with a lot of comic actors. Steve Carrell’s done it, Jim Carrey did it, the list goes on. Even Mike Myers, who had a reputation as a chameleon and doesn’t work very much, repeats a lot of the same stuff. I hope Cera’s capable of doing some different stuff and right now he’s just doing this one type of character because it’s in demand, but we’ll see.

I hate that “It’s not a cab line” too because they present it in the preview like it’s supposed to be really funny, but that line by itself isn’t funny at all. I’m not sure what they were going for there. “A stranger thinks his yellow car is a cab? Hilarious!”

No it’s not threadshitting.
How ever I just read the NYTimes review and they hit the nail on the freaking head.

In other words, I’m old and this movie is made for youngsters.

Reviews for it seem generally positive. I’m sure I’ll catch it on Netflix at some point when I’m looking to fluff up my queue.

Yeah, saw it a few weeks ago and I liked it well enough. It was a cute little movie with two likable main characters but it probably won’t change your life.

This review published in The Houston Press gives a few clues…

I see what you did there.

I saw N&N this weekend and enjoyed it. It’s not a classic, won’t be in my top five movies of the year, but it was cute and fun and the music was good. If I were 15-25 years old and single I probably would have liked it even more – but even so, as a married father staring 40 in the face I still had a good time.

I liked Juno also, but this movie did not have the too-witty-by-half dialogue that detracted from the Juno script. The line quoted in the trailer was not out of place; the only line that really made me cringe was “I refuse to be a goodie bag at your pity party.”

It’s probably because you weren’t already familiar with the source material. Those films were wildly popular at the time, and the phrase “Nick and Nora” has been an iconic one ever since. I won’t say that there’s never been a screenwriter unfamiliar with the films who has named his characters that, but a producer almost certainly would have explained it to him along the way and made them change it if it didn’t suit the film.

I highly recommend the films, by the way.

Just saw it and liked it. Agree that it is very Before Sunrise, etc…a lot of that “we’re very intelligent script writers and we’re cramming in LOTS of indie music.” But it annoyed me less than Juno, I have to say. I liked Juno…but in retrospect, it was trying so hard to be quirky. This tried a little less hard.

I like Michael Cera, but he is feeling very one note right now. Hopefully he can step it up, do something a little different.

I class movies as “go see” and “wait and rent” this one seems like a “rental” to me