Nickname yourself

What would you have people call you? Please do not answer with your actual name.

I want to be a Sparky or Sparks. It implies energy, radio, electronics, and a certain degree of handiness.

Alright I’ll admit it… I made a nickname for myself and started introducing myself as that to people. Well a couple of nick names actually.

Roo (just because I was hanging out with all these ravers who had cool nicks like Shayde, Dee, Mouse, Angel etc… so I decided I would be Roo since no one would name me)

And RC which, well I go by online and sometimes irl. It’s always worked fairly well for me. though it confuses the hell outta my family when I’d get called and have people ask for RC (RC? There’s no RC living here. You have the wrong number.)

Mr. Horace St. John Ponsonby-Smythe, Esq. High Sheriff of Upper Toadbucket-on-the-Wold, Master of the Queen’s Hedgehogs.

:smack:

My nickname in high school, from the drama company, was Manly.
(The drama people called me “Manly?” All of a sudden, the name means a lot less.) It wasn’t actually a reflection of my masculinity, amazing specimen though I am. A bunch of senior guys, and myself, then a lowly freshman, were debating the merits of the tech department’s new, limegreen tape measure. The crew chief was trying to convince some skeptics that bright lime green was a manly color. I said “I think it’s a manly color, but the last time somebody called me manly, it was in second grade and they were just misreading my name.” (Which I’m pretty sure is factually true.) Everybody laughed, the crew chief clapped me on the shoulder, and hollered “Manly!” :slight_smile:

I like my own name, but if people had to call me anything else, I miss that. I’m really only in touch with one friend who calls me that, and I don’t think he’ll do it anymore. Why? I introduced him to Stardust a few weeks ago, and we always use silly pet names on each other. In his presence, she called me…
Huggybear. He thought it was a riot. So much for that.
I guess it’s not a total loss, since Snoop Dogg is supposed to play Huggybear in the Starsky and Hutch remake. Guess I’ll have to start saying “Fa shizzle, my nizzle” a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

If Manly doesn’t work, since it wouldn’t really be ME nicknaming myself, I’ll take "Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden- schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-applebanger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

So… can we just call you “Ulm?” :smiley:

No, no, sorry. If you want to adopt a nickname given by someone else, that’s ok.

My family actually calls me “Chicken lips” :frowning:

I’d rather be called Monkey Pants but thats my sons nickname… :stuck_out_tongue:

I already did – “twickster.”

H

Call me Lex.

No, my name’s not Alexandra or any variant thereof. Lex is short for “Lexicon,” how my friends in high school described me.

I sure could go for a T-bone…

Watkins? From accounting?

I don’t go in for nicknames myself. I just get called by my real name. But then there are my friends Peaches, Ghetti-San, Tim-Tam, Jho, Buns, SmoovB, Paco, Lumpy, Lala, and then of course there is the stuffed frog that Peaches gave me which is named Frog Prince Edward Pollywollyoxinfree, Chairman of the Elven Circle of Toadstools, the Earl of Gray.

“Babs.”

I’ve been called all of these in the past:

“Sky” - because I played Sky Masterson in the High Shoool production of “Guys & Dolls”

“Smash” or “Crash” - because these are pretty close to my real name and I drive too fast

“Fatso”, “Chunky” or “Baldy” - because my sisters are cruel. :smiley:

Personally, I prefer “Smash”.

Well, my husband has taken to calling me “Wingnut”, but frankly, I usually get called “Missy”.

A while ago, some friends decided that I should be introduced as Squirrely. Doesn’t happen very often, but I don’t have any problem with it. Better than “Sure-Hands” Will, which I get after dropping a pass.

But, as with twickster, when I got to nickname myself, I chose twickster. No, wait…Similarly to twickster is what I meant to say. I chose Ender_Will for a Starcraft account five years ago, and it’s been my SN ever since.

And since I’ve gone too long already, I’ll heave in one more pointless anecdote. The rotating nickname among my friends for whoever is driving worst at the moment is Schumacher. As in Michael, the Formula One driver. Back into the planter? “Nice driving there, Schumacher”

Kalhoun is my real-life nickname. Also Hooney. And Auntie Pug Neck (that little @%&$*@! neice of mine).
:wink: