Nipped in the bud - Don Knotts died

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11566794/

One of the great supporting comic characters of all time!

Bummer.

I wonder what he will say when he meets John Ritter.

RIP, Don.

Huh. I was just wondering if he was still alive only a couple days ago. Creepy.

Truly one of the iconic figures in sitcom history.

Didn’t he win 4 Emmys playing Barney Fife?

One of a kind.

RIP

Sir Rhosis

Five:

1961, 1962, 1963, 1966, & 1967

I just recently bought the first five seasons of The Andy Griffith Show on DVD and have been enjoying an episode or two daily after work. Ah well…

So long Barney… :frowning:

That’s right! Does anyone have that many emmys playing one character? Kelsey Grammer maybe?

And to think that on friday I went on a desperate search for Pleasantville…(never found it)

I think the first thing I saw him in was one of the Herbie movies on the Wonderful World of Disney. I love that man, I’ll miss 'em.

Grammer has four as does John Larroquette (for playing the same character, that is. Larroquette has one as a guest star).

Do not forget The Incredible Mr. Limpet, which was quite an innovative film for the era.

Candice Bergen won five for playing Murphy Brown, in 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994 and 1995, and was nominated in 1991 and 1993. Eventually she withdrew herself from consideration for the role.

Could you do us a favor and wonder if GW is still alive?
What? Kidding! I’m a kidder!

One of the great comic actors of all time.

“ATTABOY, LUTHER!!”

Goodbye, Don. You will be missed.

I’ve always liked that film. I still say, ‘I wish… I wish… I wish I were a fish!’

And let’s also not forget The Reluctant Astronaut.

I’ll always remember him as Luther Heggs (Ghost and Mr. Chicken).

He made Barney into an amazing character. He had so many bad qualities, but I couldn’t help but root for him and like him. He was exaggerated, but real.

Bye, Don.

woah woah woah woah…i was at my folks’ house this evening and they had the tv on and were switching channels and no one was talking about how Don Knotts died. wtf is this world coming to? :frowning: :frowning:

He made a few Movies - one not mentioned he Apple Dumpling Gang which I saw one rainy Sat afternoon & need to make the nod to Ladies Man & homophobe Mr. Furley …

but he really will always be Barney to me.

Neat Guy